IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Mozilla blocking ASC Surfing Protection 2.0

Sammy Hemp

Today's update from Mozilla has blocked ASC Surfing Protection 2.0. Tried to go though various methods with IOBit to alert so they can work out whatever the problem may be with Mozilla. Got lost in the maze trying to figure it all out.

Mozilla/Firefox doesn't seem to allow me to override their disabling.

I may be forced to go back to Chrome just so I can get what protection I paid for.

Any help is appreciated.

Bear in mind I'm a geezer who isn't terribly sophisticated using computers.

OK, it's now day 4 since YOU haven't updated YOUR digital signature. And NOW Firefox has added a NEW update 43. 2.

Now, WHAT pray tell is the problem? Obviously somebodies working at Mozilla... Why aren't you guy's?? Payin' for what I'm not gettin now, and I for one don't pay for excuses. Maybe YOUR boss does, mine don't.

This should have BEEN fixed... because this ISN'T the first time.

Hi wrb

Welcome to the Forum

This is a very confusing post. You seem to be saying that Mozilla are the good guys because they update at a rate that most developers cannot keep up with.

You seem to ignore the fact that Mozilla have created this issue by deciding that they will make your decisions for you, and that you will have no say in the matter. They have disabled Add-on's and have not asked your permission. They have also removed your abikity to disagree with them and to enable your Add-on's at your own risk.

While I agree that Iobit should adhere to Mozilla's signing policy, I do not think that this issue should be a battle between various companies, and their ego's and philosophies, while completely ignoring the end user as if we are just children who cannot look after ourselves and make sensible decisions.

The way to have avoided this was to not update to the latest Firefox version. But if you have enabled automatic updates, then you have already decided that Mozilla knows best, and that you do not want to have a say in what happens on your browser.

Well in a perfect world, which does not exist...........;-) In the absence of said "perfect world" absence is a virtue. I can wait. 8:)

Since I couldn't find a way to edit my previous post: Well in a perfect world, which does not exist...........http://forums.iobit.com/core/images/icons/icon12.png In the absence of said "perfect world" patience is a virtue. I can wait. http://forums.iobit.com/core/images/icons/icon6.png

With the latest Firefox update 43.0.2 "Surfing Protection" was not just disabled, it was totally removed.

:-(

We have been warning users that this would happen, and suggested not updating to Firefox 43. There has also been warnings in many other forums. You should have checked the changelog for Firefox 43 before updating. Then again; as previously stated, if you are updating automatically, then you have in fact accepted that you will allow Mozilla to dictate what your browser can and cannot do.

WARNING.........All users be aware.....if you update to firefox 43.0.2 the ASC surfing Protection addon will be completely removed. This is contrary to Mozillas statement that this would happen in release 44.

It seems that not only have Mozilla decided to dictate how users will use their browser.....but they also cannot be trusted to adhere to their own statements.

Archived