IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue Screen of Death

SK92Drvr

ASC v9 PRO installed, license code entered and accepted. Machine was rebooted and started normally. All programs ran as expected, with no issues. ASC was run and SCAN screen appeared as expected. Cursor appeared with hourglass, the rotating hourglass remained for about 2 minutes then cursor locked up and would not move about 30 seconds later the BSOD appeared requiring complete power down and restart. All other programs still operate without issue - ASC dies exactly the same way every time it is started.

Computer system is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name BASEMENT

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0801, 7/4/2014

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name Basement\Jim

Time Zone Mountain Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 63.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 59.6 GB

Total Virtual Memory 128 GB

Available Virtual Memory 123 GB

Page File Space 63.9 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hi SK92Drvr,

Please find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send them to us.

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If the zip file is too large to be sent, please upload it to www.wikisend.com and give us the download link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Good Morning Scannan,

I reviewed the article you referenced before I made the original post and just now. It applies half way - the system does not "lock-up" on the ASC scan screen with an hourglass - it blinks out all the icons on the desktop screen behind the ASC screen and then about 60 seconds later clears everything and shows the Windows BSOD. I have removed ASC9Pro and re-installed clean copy from iObit with same results. Driver Booster 3 and Uninstaller. both from iObit, work as advertised with no issues what-so-ever. Microsoft Office works - everything works as advertised EXCEPT ASC9. No other program on this machine goes to the BSOD at program start.

Thank you for your consideration and help

Regards

From the other Topic it appears obvious that Iobit have found a bug in ASC 9 and have tried to fix it with a new .exe file, but it looks like that solution is not going to work.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait to see what Iobits next step is.

In the meantime you could try installing an earlier version of V9 as this issue did not appear for the previous versions. Or else install V8

Hi SK92Drvr,

The reason may be that your settings is not correct. Please refer to the steps below to enable minidump so that when you encounter blue screen, it will record the blue screen related errors in Minidump folder and send to us for analyzing.

1. Right click “Computer” and select “Properties”.

2. Click “Advanced system settings”.

3. Click “Settings” under “Startup and Recovery” in the open window.

4. Tick “Write an event to the system log” and select “Small memory dump” under “write debugging information”. And then click “OK” button.

5. Please find Minidump folder under C:\Windows. Zip all files under this folder and send it to us when blue screen happens again.

Guidance also can be found at http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/h...files-on-bsod/

Then please check whether there is Minidump file when blue screen occurs again.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very curious problem and seems to only be effecting a select few of us. Typically I'm very fond of and recommend ASC to all my clients. So far only myself and one of my clients have had this problem. This has also only occurred on 1 of my 3 computers and only 1 of the two I built for my client. Both systems experiencing blue screens are running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate on Solid State drives. I've even attempted using an old installer of ASC 8 Free and it also blue screens soon after installation completes. The crash is so severe that for some reason it even causes Firefox to create an entirely new user account. I've tried so many times now I've actually created a restore point because it is an ordeal to clean up the mess after each attempt. I really do hope you guys come up with a solution for this soon.

Archived