IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What do you expect from the future version of Driver Booster?

Cicely

It found Nvidia High Definition Autio and few Intel drivers like 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448, Management Engine Interface, 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family 4 Port SATA ACHI Controller and Synaptics SMBus Driver. If there is any more info you need just ask. Thanks

My suggestions:

The Driver Booster database still needs expanding. What would help a lot would be that for any device with a missing driver which Driver Booster has no driver for, Driver Booster would upload the device details to its servers, so that IObit can see what devices are not supported, and then hopefully add these drivers to its database. Perhaps, it could show devices for which there is no driver in the scan results, in a seperate section for pending driver updates.

The Fix Device Error option is currently very limited, and often devices with errors are not detected by it., and it will say no Error codes detected. It would be good if more problems can be fixed by it.

Have the option to install diffferent veriosns of a driver. When installing drivers for a USB wifi adapter on a Vista computer, with Driver Booster, it caused a BSOD. The same happened when using Driver Talent (Drive The Life), but I was able to install a compatible driver by selecting a different version of the driver in Driver Talent, and this driver installed with any problems.

Thanks a lot. I've jotted them down. We will discuss next week :)

It found Nvidia High Definition Autio and few Intel drivers like 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448, Management Engine Interface, 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family 4 Port SATA ACHI Controller and Synaptics SMBus Driver. If there is any more info you need just ask. Thanks

Thanks. We will expand our database more frequently in near future :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just find a new program to install drivers and it fixed one of my broken drivers that Driver Boost or Driver Max did not fix. It is still in beta. It is called Snail Driver. You can catch it out here: http://snailsuite.com/

The diver that it fixed was Intel Centrino® WiMAX 6250 Function Driver. Hope When the new version comes out it is better at fix missing, broken, and out-of-date drivers. Thanks

• Like 1

Just find a new program to install drivers and it fixed one of my broken drivers that Driver Boost or Driver Max did not fix. It is still in beta. It is called Snail Driver. You can catch it out here: http://snailsuite.com/

The diver that it fixed was Intel Centrino® WiMAX 6250 Function Driver. Hope When the new version comes out it is better at fix missing, broken, and out-of-date drivers. Thanks

Thank you parkd1. The product team will check it out :)

Here is something foor DB v4. Whne you go to Rescue Center and on thr Driver Backups tab you see at the top before the list of drivers you see this across the top, Device, Version, Manfacturer, and Action. I would like to seeone more add called Date installed. That way if I forget what driver I installed I can just look at Date installed to see what one I installed last. Thanks

I run DB Version 3.2.0.696 did not catch that their was a newer diver for my Touch pad. I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-s6094. The dirver is Synaptics Touch Pad Driver and the latest version is 15.2.11.1. The is the site where the drivers for Toshiba are for my laptop. http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=2759678 Hope this can be improved in DB version 4. Thanks.

Here is something foor DB v4. Whne you go to Rescue Center and on thr Driver Backups tab you see at the top before the list of drivers you see this across the top, Device, Version, Manfacturer, and Action. I would like to seeone more add called Date installed. That way if I forget what driver I installed I can just look at Date installed to see what one I installed last. Thanks

Yes, this suggestion has been forwarded to the dev team.

to keep it simple i will say just a few things(this is actually feedback to the installer)

1.Add an option to change directory

2.option to not make a desktop shortcut

3.and dont pin this thing to taskbar

Thanks.

1. You mean the installation directory? When you clean install Driver Booster, you will see the option.

2. Wow, you're the 1st one who suggests that. I will let the dev team know.

3. Ditto.

Hi you sould add an updater for programs aswell and improve the updater so it doesn't crash or break so it won'tn not update

We may consider it in other programs like IObit Uninstaller or Advanced SystemCare. Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...

1:) Should have a "pause" button and "stop" button when downloading the drivers manually. Currently DB 3.3 has only the "stop" function.

2:) Would be nice if you could implement an option for users to go to a webisite (possibly the manufacturer's or iobit's) and see the changelogs (if any) of the latest driver avaialble. Also more information about that particular driver.

3:) DB 4 should provide an option to scan entire system for any driver errors or any unknown hardware detection error and give us viable options (if possible KB articles about what should be done). Currently DB 3.3 only checks for particualr issues like sound problem network failures etc.

4:) DB 3.3 only shows the latest driver avaialble for download....DB4 should give us an option to download the just previous release. Also if a particular driver is not available in Iobit database then it shouldprovide us with an alternative to upload the details about it ( logs maybe) to DB server.

5:) Auto download is using maximum bandwidth at times to download drivers. Would be nice if it only uses max bandwidth when PC is idle for ## minutes. Also a reminder to tell us when it has finished downloading all latest drivers.

6:) I would really like to see my complete PC specs in DB 4

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I think you should link windows updater with DB4 since it does prity much the same updates ( to improve the computer) and maybe add a section for Iobit updates so you can update all your Iobit products there in one place or make an Iobit upbater program

Hi I think you should link windows updater with DB4 since it does prity much the same updates ( to improve the computer) and maybe add a section for Iobit updates so you can update all your Iobit products there in one place or make an Iobit upbater program

Hello Adamcullen,

For the Windows updater feature, you can use our Advanced SystemCare. And Action Center of Driver Booster will notify you about the update of most popular IObit products. :)