IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Asmedia XHCI 1.0 Controller

supertweaker

I like the booster and it did a great job on my two older computers (3-PC license). All the updated drivers work great. In the attachment I am showing one problem I experienced with my USB3 controller for my external W.D. storage drive. USB3 is so much faster than USB2 and I rely on backing-up my system quickly a couple times a week. Meaning, both all my personal files and System Images. The driver that was updated (subject line) caused my system to prompt me to format my 1TB storage drive. I cancelled that in a hurry! :-)

I went back to my Device Manager, ininstalled/removed software then rebooted. I then browsed from the Device Manger to the location of my current driver that works just fine. I just wanted to give the devs a heads-up that this particular driver is not compatible with the (Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0). I have downloaded all the newest drivers directly from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/ for Windows 7 64 bit. I am wondering if perhaps the new driver that is being upgraded by Booster 3.0 is for a different version of Windows?

Archived