IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter 4 keeps crashing during scans

JoeBlake

Whenever I attempt to run a scan - Smart, Full or Custom - the program starts OK but will then abruptly terminate and unload itself at random intervals.

I am running the latest (free) version of MF available for download. Re-installation has not helped. Deactivating other running security programs makes no difference.

When MF4 crashes in this way it writes the following error to the Windows Application Log:

Faulting application name: IMF.exe, version: 4.0.3.18, time stamp: 0x56c6ba6b

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19135, time stamp: 0x56a1c6fa

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000cf70b

Faulting process id: 0x29dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1794929babf39

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 1e006ce7-e53d-11e5-bf0e-005056c00008

Hi JoeBlake,

Sorry to hear that. Please send us the related screenshots to show the situations when IMF crashes.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com /cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Hi JoeBlake,

Sorry to hear that. Please send us the related screenshots to show the situations when IMF crashes.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com /cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Hi Cicely,

Unfortunately the problem manifests itself so rapidly that it isn't possible to grab a screenshot: the program simply disappears, dropping completely out of memory immediately.

I am happy to generate a dump file, but where would you like me to send it to ?

Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

You can send the IObit_Debug_Info.zip here or send it to support1@iobit.com

Does the crash only happen when you scan your PC.

Please try to give us more details.

Looking forward to hearingf rom you.

Hi Cicely,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been doing some more testing to gather as much information as possible.

I have been using the latest available build of IMF4 available from your website - currently v4.0.3.22. I have tried to ensure that the installation is as clean as possible by uninstalling all the previous traces of the program using the program's own uninstaller, I then manually scrubbed all remaining traces from the Registry and deleted a leftover folder, followed by a reboot of Windows.

As described previously, the problem is that the program simply stops, force closes and disappears at random intervals. No error dialog is displayed and there is no outward sign, warning or reason why the program crashes. This is why I cannot provide a screenshot - there simply is nothing to record.

The problem occurs in all conditions: Program idle, running Smart Scan, running Custom Scan, running Full Scan. The problem occurs both when the program is open in a normal window (or indeed a maximised window) and when the program is minimised to the System Tray / Notification area.

After each crash the following error is recorded in the Windows / Applications Log:

Faulting application name: IMF.exe, version: 4.0.3.22, time stamp: 0x56eb727a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19160, time stamp: 0x56bcd51f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000cf70b

Faulting process id: 0x1948

Faulting application start time: 0x01d185253fe58c02

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\IMF.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 323359f0-f119-11e5-a8b8-005056c00008

I run the following security programs on my PC:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 v15.0.2.361(e)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home Premium v2.2.0.1024

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium v1.08.1.1189

GlassWire v1.1.41b

SUPERAntiSpyware v6.0.1158 (NOT running in real time mode, only loaded on demand and not running when IMF4 is running)

Deactivating / unloading each of these programs individually and as a group made no difference: IMF4 still crashes in the same manner.

I have attached the results of the debug dump tool that you mentioned previously.

Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.

Regards,

Hi JoeBlake,

Thanks for your continual reply.

From the information you sent, it is found that you have several security products (SUPERAntiSpyware ,Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2 ,Malwarebytes ). Please turn off the real-time protection of these products temporarily and run IMF again to see whether the issue continues.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi JoeBlake,

Thanks for your continual reply.

From the information you sent, it is found that you have several security products (SUPERAntiSpyware ,Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2 ,Malwarebytes ). Please turn off the real-time protection of these products temporarily and run IMF again to see whether the issue continues.

Hi Cicely,

As stated in my previous post: re other security products:

"Deactivating / unloading each of these programs individually and as a group made no difference: IMF4 still crashes in the same manner."

To clarify, I have already completely shut off / deactivated / disabled all other real-time protection when testing IMF4but it made no difference.

Regards,

Hi JoeBlake,

Sorry to hear that.

Please boot your PC in safe mood and then run IMF again to see whether it still crashes.

Hi Cicely,

I have tried Safe Mode but the problem persists, which is frankly a surprise as I'd hoped it might be a clash with something else running in normal mode.

Regards,

Hi JoeBlake,

Sorry to hear that. It is really weird . We are doing tests to analyse it further. By the way, could you please try to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and see whether the issue continues?

Hi JoeBlake,

Sorry to hear that. It is really weird . We are doing tests to analyse it further. By the way, could you please try to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and see whether the issue continues?

Hi Cicely,

I agree, it is really weird and I apologise because I thought I'd already mentioned it - Safe Mode is one of the first things I try in such circumstances.

Unfortunately I'm not able to uninstall KIS2015 on this PC at this time as it's my main production machine. However, I have been able to test IMF4 and KIS2015 in a basic Win7 virtual machine and have had no problems at all: IMF4 works perfectly in that setup, so it must be having a problem with something else on my main PC.

Regards,

Hi JoeBlak,

Please do a system fix to see whether there is something wrong with your system that may cause the crash.

Hi Cicely,

Could you please define / elaborate on what you mean by " a system fix" ?

I have already run / checked:

(1) Event Logs.

RESULT: all clear, showing no problems

(2) Device Manager.

RESULT: all clear, no problems

(3) System File Checker (SFC) ( Run as SFC /scannow via administrator command prompt)

RESULT: No problems detected.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Please insert the win 7 installation disc into your drive, and follow the instructions to do system fix.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns.

Hi Cicely,

Sorry that I haven't been able to reply sooner.

I have tried your suggestion of a system fix using the Win7 installation disc but - as expected - it found no problems with my OS.

I have also recently updated IMF to the latest version available on your website - currently v4.1.0.2246 - but I still experience the same problems even with that build.

I tried both an in-place upgrade over the previous version and later a full "clean" installation of the new version (fully uninstalled the old version, rebooted the PC, manually cleaned remaining traces from the Registry and filesystem, rebooted the PC again).

Regards,

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Since there is no problem with your OS, IMF crash during scannning issue is probably has something to do with other anivirus software on your PC. As you mentioned you have installed the following security programs:

GlassWire v1.1.41b

SUPERAntiSpyware v6.0.1158

It is not recommended to install so many security programs on one computer because it will slow down your computer, cause conflicts or instability issues. Our engineers think the IMF issue was cased by other security software, so please just keep at least one or two of them on your PC and see if the problem will be solved.

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Since there is no problem with your OS, IMF crash during scannning issue is probably has something to do with other anivirus software on your PC. As you mentioned you have installed the following security programs:

GlassWire v1.1.41b

SUPERAntiSpyware v6.0.1158

It is not recommended to install so many security programs on one computer because it will slow down your computer, cause conflicts or instability issues. Our engineers think the IMF issue was cased by other security software, so please just keep at least one or two of them on your PC and see if the problem will be solved.

OK, I don't mean to be rude but I feel we are now going round in circles over this issue.

As I have clearly stated and restated in my previous posts I have conducted numerous tests with the listed security software both enabled and disabled.

I have explained that not all of the programs in question are running simultaneously - SUPERAntiSpyware is only run on demand.

I have not - and do not - experience any system instability, conflicts or slow performance with my current setup; all installed software runs together OK.

Despite all of this IMF4 is the common denominator here, and the only software that is not functioning correctly.

Unfortunately I can only conclude that there is nothing more that can be done to get your product running properly on my PC so regrettably I will now be uninstalling it.

Thank you for your time and efforts in assisting me.

Regards,

Hi JoeBlake,

Even though you disabled the other security software, they still have many processes running in the background that will affect the other ones. That's to say, once you installed them, there are many processes or services running in the background. They may do something at the same time that cause conflicts, eats up too mach system resources, or cause other software unstable. It is not recommend to have multiple security programs on one machine, links below are for your reference, and you could search and find more online:

http://www.howtogeek.com/133704/how-...irus-programs/

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...mputer-229917/

https://blog.kaspersky.com/multiple-...bad-idea/2670/

Thanks for your understanding.

Archived