IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Scan tools not finishing tasks and ignoring issues

DKqwerty

I'm having issues with the efficacy of several tools in ASC9.1 Pro.

• When I run "Spyware Removal" and "Junk Files Clean" with a B or lower rating, tracking cookies and leftover temp files are always found. I instruct the tools to remove them; The software goes through the rollback save and fixing animations. However, when the scans are repeated, most (or even all) of the Firefox cookies and temp files remain. It's not until I perform the scans and removals four or five times that the cookies and other files are finally removed (or so the software reports). For clarity, I have no IE or Chrome cookies because they're deleted when those browsers exit.

• "Disk Optimization" doesn't yield the same results scan to scan. When I last scanned my D: and X: drives, both had fragmentation (36.x% and 13.x%, respectively). I unchecked X: and instructed it to fix D: only. I then scanned X: only, with the intention of now fixing the fragmentation, but Optimization now reports "No Problem" for X:, which makes no sense given the prior results. (Additionally, fixing C: has never taken more than a couple seconds, which seems preposterous.) For clarity, I have only HHDs, and C:, D:, and X: are all partitions of the same contiguous disk.

• I sometimes get multiple "Cabinet Maker" command windows that run for several minutes with high CPU usage during scan (seems to occur during "System Optimization" and "Vulnerability Fix" scans, but it's hard to tell when they run back to back).

If any or all of these issues are addressed elsewhere, please direct me there. Thank you.

Hi DKqwerty,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

For the issue about cleaning Firefox cookies and temp files, please follow the steps below to test it again.

1.Close and exit Mozilla FireFox and all of other programs.

1.Open the Settings window of ASC > find Privacy Sweep on the left > find Mozilla FireFox on the right > check the item Cookies > click Apply button.

2.In the main screen of ASC, tick Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean to do a scan and repair.

3.After the repair finishes, immediately tick Privacy Sweep and Junk Files Clean to do a scan again to check if there are Mozilla FireFox cookies or temp files.

4.If Mozilla FireFox cookies or temp files are scanned out again, please take a screenshot about the details of them. And send the screenshot to us.

And please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send IObit_Debug_Info.zip to us.

For the issue about Disk Optimization and high CPU usage, can you reproduce it? If yes, please use your phone or camera to make a video about the whole process and send the video to us.

Thanks for your time.

Archived