IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Enhancements requests

eitanc

Hello,

I wish to ask for two enhancements in Drive Booster:

1. Creates "Ignore" levels. Currently the only Ignore level is actually "Permanent", but sometimes you know you generally wish to update a driver but the current update is buggy for your system, so you would like to update is in the future. Thus, it will be good that when doing the "Ignore" action - users will be able to set an Ignore lifetime - based on either version number level (e.g. "when 1.x.x turns into 2.x.x") or base on date (e.g. "Within X days/weeks/months from the time of ignoring") or a combination of the two (the earlier or later).

The outcome cab be either a reminder to the user to manually take the driver out of the "Ignore" list or automatically taking the driver out of the "Ignore" list, by Driver Booster itself - you can let the user decide of the action that is right for him/her

2. Begin examining and alerting about issues with the Digital Certificates of drivers. You have the power to make a market change here. Drivers are low-level software - thus it has a potential great effect on the target system and thus it can be a major risk to the system. You should encourage the deployment of drivers who use Digital Certificate over drivers who do not have this feature.

Also, warn or block (hard coded or by user manual action) drivers who do not pass the common checks for Digital Certificates – like a match between the driver vendor and the company which signed the attached digital certificate, validity out of date, in a CRL, not trusted by the user's list of trusted CAs and so on.

I know you have the WHQL feature but I'm asking for something broader and not limited to MS.

3. Please make DB network enabled – allowing users to use it to utilize its whole pack of features also with networked systems.

Thank you,

Eitan

Hello eitanc,

Thanks for those suggestions.

1. Yes, we will improve the ignore level feature in Driver Booster 4. We plan to make Driver Booster support ignoring only that specific version. That is to say, if newer version released, Driver Booster will still notify users about this newer version.

2. For this request, I've forwarded it to our product team for further consideration.

3. Sorry that I failed to understand your third suggestion. Can you explain it again?

Thank you Cicely!

Regarding request #3 - enable users to install DB on one PC and from this installation connect to other PCs in the network and use all of DB features over the network - against the other networked PCs. Say I have a home network of 5 PCs - I will install DB on my PC and update drivers and reboots from one installation from my PC, towards all the other PCs in the network

Eitan

Archived