IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False positive (?) for (old) UBCD4Win files [SOLVED by db 1551]

My latest scan with IObit Malware 4.1 pro identified six problem files. Five of these are in the UBCD4Win folder and have a last modified date of 2006-2012. The sixth, unregmp2.exe is in Windows\$NtUninstalKB9...\. None of these files have been identified on previous scans. I suspect they are false positives. I checked unregmp2.exe on virustotal and it showed zero reported threats. I checked nircmd.exe in the UBCD4Win folder and there were several checks that reported this as a virus including one that identified it as Trojan.Win32.Small, which is a serious virus according to the Microsoft forum. I have therefore attached the information you requested to check this file for me. (I have not explored the other UBCDWin files. Getting just one scanned, zipped, uploaded, and registering for the forum, and reading all the dos and don'ts has taken me several hours... :( .)

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 4.1.0.2262

Database Version: 1548

Scan Mode:Manual

Time Elapsed: 06:00:57

Objects Scanned: 959044

Threats Found: 6

Save Time: 20/05/2016 4:35:28 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB939683$\unregmp2.exe, 4096866

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Applications\irfanview398\files\Plugins\Mpg.dll, 4182293

Spyware.Password, FILE, C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Applications\irfanview398\files\Plugins\Slideshow.exe, 4026730

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Applications\irfanview398\files\Plugins\Video.dll, 4182293

Trojan.Downloader, FILE, C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Applications\irfanview398\files\Languages\Deutsch.dll, 4048454

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\UBCD4Win\oem1\PEUtils\nircmd.exe, 4000129

Link to virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...is/1463777835/

Link to zipped nircmd.exe: http://wikisend.com/download/723298/nircmd.7z

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the delayed reply.

We will remove the UBCD4Win files that reported by IObit Malware Fighter from our database (version 1551). Please kindly wait to check the updates.

Have a nice day~

Archived