IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spam alert

pszilard

:!: Dear Forum Admin,

I got a meaningless PM from a member, which makes me suspicious that he/she is a spammer:

******* http://forums.iobit.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Pszilard

Hey,

I'm new here, how's it going?

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tzu

---

URL de-activated, was http:// ************

This person seems to have been a member for almost 1 year yet doesn't have a single post. The message is meaningless and not relevant to my id, and seems to be a "come-on" to click the signature link, which I am NOT going to do!

I would suggest that the forum admin check how many such messages this person had sent and possibly ban them.

Well, I've done my duty. It is now up to you!

Thanks pszliard,

We are checking this out. If anyone receives a suspicious PM with a link, please do not click on it until we can find out more about this.

samr.

WARNING!

Edit: Link IS MALICIOUS! Members please be leary of clicking strange links in PMs!

SAMR

Hi pszilard

Thanks for your warning - great job!

I think he/she must have shunned administrator and moderators.

I thought it was someone using the forum as a lovers mailbox.

Cheers

solbjerg

I got the same message that you got PSZILARD. Iopened it because i'm a dummy. I t was a religous message, and I deleted it. [gartbear]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, deville and solbjerg,

A pearler is a once-popular slang term used over this way to broadly describe something or someone as: clever, "extra good", a "little beaut", sh*t-hot, a "smart fart" etc. The Spam message, cunningly contrived to lure the unwary into opening it could be described as a "little pearler".

Hi, deville and solbjerg,

A pearler is a once-popular slang term used over this way to broadly describe something or someone as: clever, "extra good", a "little beaut", sh*t-hot, a "smart fart" etc. The Spam message, cunningly contrived to lure the unwary into opening it could be described as a "little pearler".

Thanks alot Ted;

had to keep backing up to read that like about 3 or 4 times this am. gave me somethimg to think about through a dull gray morning. thanks for the quickheads up.

Hi Solbjerg;

Was a great guess with the pearl diver, course, woulda had to ask how many you pull up from the flames.

Hi deville and Ted

Yes it was interesting, made me think of "slim" in the old days in South Africa, - crafty/smart, Nowadays it mostly means aids there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks alot Ted;

had to keep backing up to read that like about 3 or 4 times this am. gave me somethimg to think about through a dull gray morning. thanks for the quickheads up.

Hi Solbjerg;

Was a great guess with the pearl diver, course, woulda had to ask how many you pull up from the flames.

Archived