IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Detection Rate!

Hi Iobit Team,

I Just wanted to inform you of a few things about ASC U 9.0.1.644 that the latest version. I found that the detection rate is horrible i was able to download real malware into my computer for testing purposes and found out that while download the malware ASC U 9.0.1.644 din't stop the download it just kept it going. Once the download was done ASC U 9.0.1.644 din't pick up anything I had to scan my computer for it detect it. I took a screenshot of how many thing it found while scanning It should have picked It up while I was downloading it not after I run a scan I feel my computer due to the lack of detection leaves my computer vulnerable. I also have Malware fighter Version 4.1.0.2246 witch did actually worst then ASC U 9.0.1.644. It obvious din't pick up the download and even worst when i did a smart scan and I even scan the folder that contained the malware it told me that all was fine no threats.

I was wondering if you had any intention on making this better so I don't feel vulnerable.

Thanks

Hi ThePoliceFan,

Please check the follow information.

1.Is the Real-time Protection of ASCU on?

2.Is the malware file you download a compressed file?

3.Are there other security or antivirus software on your computer?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks you for the quick reply.

1. everything is active on ASCU

2 The malware I downloaded was in a zip file or RAR i am not 100% sure.

3. My computer currently is only running Malware fighter and ASCU nothing eles.

Hope this information is helpful.

Hi ThePoliceFan,

Please note that if the malware downloaded is in a zip file or RAR file, ASCU will not detect or stop it when downloading it. Because only when the malware is extracted, it can do harmful things. So ASCU will detect it when you extract it.

Have a good day!:-)

Archived