IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 10

Cicely

Cicely? Have them double check the logic in FaceID. Around the area where FaceID is to shut down. I dont think its shutting down properly. It stays running once the default Owner Image is captured.

When you open the ASC Beta 2 PROTECT tab, and click on FaceID.....if its not active it will load up (verified with Windows Task Manager).

It stays active even during reboots. (as it should)

But if you click on the button in PROTECT panel to turn off FaceID, ....it stills remains running (again, verified with win taskmgr) The button indicates its turned off, but the task is still active in memory. It should shut down and no longer be running in the background using up system resources.

I have a gut feeling that since the initial capture image is present, and there are no time settings to tell it not to be active, the logic is probably falling thru the process and not shutting down the procedure properly, looping around and remaining active.

To see an example just load up the windows task manager and look at the active ASC tasks. Tell FaceID to turn off with the button and you'll see that it says it off on the panel but is still active in the background in Task Manager sucking on resources.

I noticed it when I was in CAD program and had some poor response when rendering objects. So I was looking at whats sucking up the resources. I shut down FaceID on the panel but it kept on being active in the background. I ended up having to terminate it manually.

At the next reboot, it fired up again in the background even though the setting in the PROTECT tab panel shows it as off.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Acigan,

Yes, we tested that it does not exit when turn off FaceID. But it does not run again in the background at the next reboot.

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have already forwarded it to our Product Team for fixing.

Hi IOBIT Support Team

I've been using IOBIT software ever since I've discovered IOBIT about 10 years ago. ALWAYS loved the functionality and 'clean' installs. I never had a problem with anything related to performance or malware.

Your last update, however, seems to be extremely resource heavy, using 34% of RAM and up to 84% of CPU which is really heavy.

I've uninstalled Advanced System Care 10, and the resources normalised. I reinstalled ASC 10, and got the same high resource usage. I then uninstalled Advanced System Care 9, and all other versions other IOBIT Software (Malware Fighter, Driver Booster, Uninstaller, Smart Defrag) I was running. I reinstalled these via ASC 10 Toolbox, hoping it would improve the resource usage. However, it hasn't improved

Like I said, I have never had any issues with any of the IOBIT software before.

I'm still running only ASC 10, and the tools installed via ASC 10 Toolbox.

Hope this feedback helps

Kindest

startup manager keeps showing windowsdefender (invalid) at startup. When i delete it, it comes back.

Hi jimmypop,

Sorry for the trouble. Please help us investigate the issue with the steps below:

1. What did you do before this item came back? Did you turn on Limited Periodic Scanning in Control Panel? Please see the attached image for reference.

2. Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Hi KronrnbergerJ,

Welcome to IObit forums. Thanks for your always supporting IObit.

As for the issue you mentioned, when the issue occured, please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Hi IOBIT Support Team

I've been using IOBIT software ever since I've discovered IOBIT about 10 years ago. ALWAYS loved the functionality and 'clean' installs. I never had a problem with anything related to performance or malware.

Your last update, however, seems to be extremely resource heavy, using 34% of RAM and up to 84% of CPU which is really heavy.

I've uninstalled Advanced System Care 10, and the resources normalised. I reinstalled ASC 10, and got the same high resource usage. I then uninstalled Advanced System Care 9, and all other versions other IOBIT Software (Malware Fighter, Driver Booster, Uninstaller, Smart Defrag) I was running. I reinstalled these via ASC 10 Toolbox, hoping it would improve the resource usage. However, it hasn't improved

Like I said, I have never had any issues with any of the IOBIT software before.

I'm still running only ASC 10, and the tools installed via ASC 10 Toolbox.

Hope this feedback helps

Kindest

TO JimmyPop.

There is a way to make Windows Defender AND IMF work concurrently. This is under the assumption the IMF version is the free version and not the PRO one where the virus protection is active. In the free version, only the malware feature is active, and one needs to have a virus program also. Windows Defender can be used in this case for Virus protection so a PC is protected by both Defender and IMF.

A hack to make Defender work with IMF in this case is not a complicated one, but it does require a bit of understanding of the machine's Security and the Registry. It also requires one to perform a few manual steps after each reboot, but once the process is understood and learned, it becomes quite simple. Since this is not a MS Hack forum, I will only describe in general the steps and not the actual hack steps so I dont violate any forum rules here. Those with full understanding can pick up the generals and know what Im referring to. Also, ioBit can read the generals and maybe come up with a logic change to IMF to prevent the registry disconnects in a future release.

First, you must be an Administrator class user to even attempt. If not, dont bother, you wont get past the first action.

*** Open Defender. It will be red and disabled. or yellow (lately) and in passive scan mode.

*** Load MSC Services console. Stop the Windows Defender services if they are running.

*** Load RegEdit. Locate the Defender Keys at local software, Windows Defender.

*** Change the OWNERSHIP of the WINDOWS DEFENDER keys in the Registry from SYSTEM to ADMINISTRATORS using REGEDIT and right click the left master key for Permissions. and Security. This allows Admins to also modify the Defender Keys. Only the OS in Win10 is now allowed access to these keys so thats why were changing back to also allow Admins. So an Admin using Regedit can manually modify the values.

*** Close and reload RegEdit to make the Permissions permanent. Relocate the Defender Keys.

*** Change the DisableAntiSpyware key to zero.

*** Change the DisableAntiVirus key to zero

*** Change the ManageDefenderProductType key to 2

*** Change the PassiveMode key to a zero.

*** Change the ProductStatus key to a zero

*** Change the ProductType key to 2.

*** Use MSC Services console again to restart the Defender services, (there are two of them, one for defender local and one for defender to scan networks.

*** Wait about a minute and watch the Defender windows, it will change from red or yellow to green and go active.

Defender will now be active using both its virus and malware validations features. IMF (free) will also be active monitoring the malware and websites. The PRO version does everything so these steps are not needed for Defender.

The issue is a well known one to Microsoft. They are not very proactive in its correction and will have users run diag and removal tools for 3rd Party Virus Programs, even posting links to other sites away from the MS Defender forum to go and fetch the tools. MS does not want to state in a public forum that Defender has security holes they have not yet located and corrected. This minor flaw occurred in logic when MS elected to incorporate Defender into the OS in Win10 from a standalone application. There are many posts on MS Forums as to the problem but MS will not admit to the fault less they loose the customer base that Defender has gathered. The bug is in Defender and how it assumes that ANY 3rd Party application that deals with any form of virus or malware, is a stand-alone-full-featured application and that Defender is to shut down at the OS level and the 3rd party app takes over. To make an global patch, MS just securited the Defender Keys to only SYSTEM owned and Applications can only read the values. There was also some Windows Updates to these areas in the Win10 Cumulative patch about 2 or 3 updates ago. Just prior to Win10 Anniversary Edition Update release. Win10 AE has all the patches inclusive in it that locked up Defender, instead of the sequential patches that did it slowly over time on client boxes.

The steps I listed modify the Registry values that Defender examines at startup (boot) that say if a 3rd Party app is present. In the case of IMF, one is, the malware feature of IMF so Defender just shuts down.

Defender in Win10 is always present and loads at boot time, its part of the OS now. If a 3rd Party app is present, it now disables itself after about a minute, with that time being active until boot and startup finish their steps and the 3rd party app fires up and begins actually monitoring the system. All that these steps do is restart Defender and tell there is no other app doing the monitoring, leaving IMF to run in the background monitoring, but Defender doesnt know anymore that it is there also.

If you do not understand the Registry then DO NOT attempt the steps. If you corrupt a key you can render a PC unusable.

To IOBIT:

Perhaps the free IMF or an ASC scan on the Registry values can be examined and modified to allow the free IMF to run concurrently with Defender without the messages popping up all the time that both application are no longer monitoring. IMF free always is in the background, so that Security Center message is not actually correct, but Defender now shuts down if IMF free is on the box. If IMF is able to inherit runtime permissions of the keys from SYSTEM, leaving the OS to retain ownership as MS intended, then IMF could modify the keys to allow it run concurrently with Defender when its only the free version. The PRO version needs Defender to shut down properly or a user would be double scanning everything for viruses.

Hope this Helps.

TO kronrnbergerJ

Yes the system usage is a bit higher. Such is the nature of new and added features.

Here are some things you can do to reduce the overhead somewhat. Some or all may apply to your box. Without being there at the keyboard myself, I can not actually see the issues but you can go thru some of the items below and examine things for yourself and see if they help.

*** Control Panel / System / Performance tab.... In the panel for Swap Files, turn off Windows management of the swap and only set on swap to your FASTEST disk drive. Drives can be slow or fast depending on platter rotations (7200 rpm is fast, all others are slow disks). If more then one Drive (a large disk is partitioned)..... set the swap to the same drive letter where the OS resides, this is usually the C:\ drive. Turn all the others off. Now for the Minimum setting, use 1024 mb. For the Maximum Setting use the formula of 1024 x #_of_Gb_of_RAM_Memory. For example a 4Gb Ram machine would be 1024 min and 4069 max. an 8Gb box would be 1024 min and 8192 max. This now makes a fixed swap file that can expand as needed and avoid the OS overhead of constant monitoring the swap file. It will only expand if Resources exceed the current allocated size. Once that allocation is reached, the swap file just remains that evaluated size until it is exceeded again....and keeps doing that until the max size is reached. If a Swapfile is at max and the OS still wants more..... you have to begin killing apps or unloading autoloading ones that are not being actively used. In most cases the kill/unload never has to be done if the formula is used to set the sizes. Most new drives also have hardware caches built in with the cache size max being 8Mb..... some are as low as 1Mb ...but they are always in multiples of 1024 bytes. The formula usage will create even block sizes in the Gets and Puts of data from the swapfile to RAM and that will also reduce uneven blocking or multiple data block calls just to fetch swap data. This reduces System Resources. After the change, reboot to make effective. The tweak will take a few days of active use to fully be realized as data is shifted around on the drives. SmartDefrag runs will assist in data movement also during those few days.

*** Go into ASC and its Toolbox applications and examine each ones Settings. Turn off all of them from auto-starting at boot time except ACS itself. That you do want loaded automatically. But all the others can be manually called from the toolbox as needed. This will reduce the background tasks running and just waiting for you to be idle in order for them to fire up and do things. If you dont want manual control of some functions, set them up on the Win Scheduler to run. Some have these options in their Settings already, but if not, create them in the Scheduler application itself to run when you know you will be away from the machine. I run my SmartDisk this way (Idle after 30 mins away) and my DriverBooster runs only once a month this way. They dont load at startup but still run under a form of automation, managed by Scheduler and the OS.

*** Review your running Services again in the ASC Speedup tab. Turn off Turbo Boost, go thru the settings again and shutdown jobs and services you know you do not use or need. In Win10, MS has this little habit of modifying Service setup records with each major Windows Update patch. So if you know WinUpdate has installed a large Cumulative Patch to the box, re-review your turbo boost to see if the then known entry for a Service was removed and replace by MS with an updated one that has the same name/description. These are values they change and to the common user it appears to be the same, but under the hood, the old records were removed and replace with new ones. This can throw off Turbo Boost pointers since they no longer point to the correct Service to manage.

*** Ensure SmartDefrag is performing its pre-boot functions. There are some files that just can not be managed for performance if Windows OS is up and running. The OS has them open and using them. Therefore, SmartDefrag needs to know its allowed to manage them during boot time. I use the setting that says Once per day at first boot. It only takes about 30 seconds extra to boot and those system only files will be much better shape for performance then before. The Swap File referenced above is one of those files. Directories are another and the MFT, Master File allocation Table is yet another. You see them in SmartDefrag as different colored files. The general rule is that if the OS has it opened, it can not be managed or tuned, hence the pre-boot settings that manage them in SmartDefrag before the POST process completely turns over machine control to whatever OS is loaded on the harddisk.

There are some more tweaks here and there one can do to regain Resources but try some of these things above and reboot. Monitor normal usage of the box for about a week then re-examine it again. Other things can be done after that.

But as a rule, We all want more features and options with every release of software, but we forget as users that the cost of wanting .....results in More Resources. The best example of this is Windows itself....what used to fit on a 20 gigabyte drive and 512Mb RAM with room to spare for apps (Win 3.1)..... Now needs 64Gb min space and 4 to 8Gb memory just to fire up and present the desktop...thats not counting optional OS features or even your own applications. This is the price Users must pay for what they want. I had a developer that worked for me once say it the best way to a client that did not like buying hardware just to upgrade their PCs....... she said in a board meeting once to the client, " ....Eff that......if you want a car to perform and respond, you install a V8 engine. Its not going to fit in your volkswagon of a box you have parked in the garage. You can pay us now and ATTEMPT us to cut the volkswagon up and shove in the V8 and then pay us again later when the car falls apart from the power, or you can pay for that Lambo thats already made for speed and has the V8 in it.....its up to you.... " -- The client took her words to heart and ponied up all the funds for their staff and new PCs and we cut setup and install and everything else by a third of what they would have otherwise paid. They learned that rule as users that with every new thing wanted, there is price to pay......Resources or dollars. They elected the resource increase route that day.

Let me know if any of the above tricks helps on your box.

startup manager keeps showing windowsdefender (invalid) at startup. When i delete it, it comes back.

Hello jimmypop,

Our engineer worked out a demo. Please help us if it works well.

1. Download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/396452/pmdemo.zip and extract it

2. Double click StartupManager.exe to run it and check if shows correctly

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello Acigan,

We'd like to further investigate the issue. As you said "At the next reboot, FaceID fired up again in the background", we are unable to reproduce the issue. After you turn off FaceID and reboot, please check if fimon.exe is active in the background in Task Manager. If there is, please send us the screenshot of it and follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Thanks in advance.

Cicely? Have them double check the logic in FaceID. Around the area where FaceID is to shut down. I dont think its shutting down properly. It stays running once the default Owner Image is captured.

When you open the ASC Beta 2 PROTECT tab, and click on FaceID.....if its not active it will load up (verified with Windows Task Manager).

It stays active even during reboots. (as it should)

But if you click on the button in PROTECT panel to turn off FaceID, ....it stills remains running (again, verified with win taskmgr) The button indicates its turned off, but the task is still active in memory. It should shut down and no longer be running in the background using up system resources.

I have a gut feeling that since the initial capture image is present, and there are no time settings to tell it not to be active, the logic is probably falling thru the process and not shutting down the procedure properly, looping around and remaining active.

To see an example just load up the windows task manager and look at the active ASC tasks. Tell FaceID to turn off with the button and you'll see that it says it off on the panel but is still active in the background in Task Manager sucking on resources.

I noticed it when I was in CAD program and had some poor response when rendering objects. So I was looking at whats sucking up the resources. I shut down FaceID on the panel but it kept on being active in the background. I ended up having to terminate it manually.

At the next reboot, it fired up again in the background even though the setting in the PROTECT tab panel shows it as off.

Hello jimmypop,

Our engineer worked out a demo. Please help us if it works well.

1. Download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/396452/pmdemo.zip and extract it

2. Double click StartupManager.exe to run it and check if shows correctly

Thank you.

This worked, it showed correctly. It now says enable or dissable instead of delete

I Love this!!! I have some idea:

- You should make Material Design Themes and Metro UI for ASC10

-You should have auto Turbo Boost

-Have ability to delete some toolbox if i don`t use it

(Sorry my bad English)

Huy Minh Bùi,

Thanks for your kind suggestions for ASC 10. We will take them into consideration.

As for your 2nd suggestion, we'd like to follow the steps below to turn on Turbo Boost at Windows startup , which has the same function as you suggested.

Go to Settings under Options on the top left of the main interface-> Click General Settings ->Tick the checkbox of Enable Performance Monitor on the right-hand panel-> Click Apply and OK.

Thank you.

IOBIT products have reached the world/ASC 10 beta 2 is on the path of paradox. Being a superior application does not mean increasing complexity of UI., so I subscribe the theory that power users want speed and simplicity, even at code level.

Hi mgenth,

Welcome to IObit forums.

Thanks for letting us know your opinion. We will try our best to improve our program. Any feedback or suggestion is welcomed.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have great ideas for ASC 10: there are also reasons and benefits to include it into ASC with red text

I suggest merge ASC Language and Toolbox Language file into one file (for shorting translate time, and better translating, better fixing translate bugs and better adding new strings)

Merge Quick Settings and Settings into one Settings - I suggest create skin of Settings as same style as in Quick Settings (for easier of use)

Still I suggest one-click all in one scanning to repair, clean, speed, defrag PC and update drivers--------you could use Together scanning method as same as IOLO System Mechanic to get 3x faster scanning and Disk Optimization (means defragging PC) won´t scan Junk Files and Privacy Issues-----when defrag scanning ASC will ignore these files...(for easier of use, for faster defrag scanning and defragging and overall Clean and Optimize scanning up to 3x faster and for easier access of better tunning up PC including driver updating)

I suggest to move Vulnerability Fix, Software Updater and Spyware Removal items into ASC Antivirus scanning modul, because these items means Security of PC

All features in Protect tab can be moved into ASC Antivirus modul, too..........(for faster Clean and Optimize overall scanning and better Antivirus scanning)

I suggest running IObit Unlocker, IObit Undelete, Random Password Generator, Protected Folder and IObit Uninstaller programs in INTERFACE of Advanced System Care.......no as standalone programs and windows (for easier access to important actions, that provide these programs)

I suggest Turbo Boost can use all features of Game Booster including it can show window of installed games and Turbo Boost can provide to speed and run specifical game from list.......(for better gaming experience and easier access for speeding games)

for Protected Folder utility - if the Advanced System Care stops working..and it is not run - Protected Folder can automatically use rescue .bat file to unlock and move locked items with entered password (these locked items will be hidden in path of ASC on Disk) on Desktop.....(for preventing lost of locked files when the ASC have to reinstall....if this feature you include into ASC)

I suggest merge all IObit running processes into one.....all actions, scans and utilities in ASC can be run in one process (for lower system usage, lower processes running )

I suggest merge Real-time Protector, Auto RAM Clean, Browser Anti-tracking, AutoCare, Autoclean and Autoupdate features to set........into one feature ASC Live Care (for easier and comprehensive ASC Live Monitoring)

Add option to perform AutoClean feature when the system is idle or in scheduled time (for better real-time cleaning and lower privacy issues in ASC scan)

After installing Toolbox utilities.....they can run in ASC interface....no as standalone programs and windows...(for easier and comprehensive using these utilities)

Add Live Line on Clean and Optimize tab.....it shows percentage maximal tunning up PC with ASC and suggestions for reaching maximal tunning up PC......(for user can steps by steps to tune up PC on maximum)

Move Antivirus into Cloud.....so Antivirus will not affect on PC performance (for the lowest PC usage and demands)

Add option to perform ASC Clean and Optimize in Cloud scanning......so ASC will not affect PC performance when scanning and will have lowest PC usage

I suggested new UI for ASC, in the left up there are 3 lines, that show text for every item below.......so there is Antivirus icon, then Clean and Optimize icon, Speed Up icon, Toolbox icon, Uninstaller icon including its interface in ASC, Rescue Center icon, All Settings icon, Question Mark icon that includes technical support, license status and user manual, then Download IObit Freeware and About icon

Do you like it? Something like this, easy access to important actions on the left,

There is also feature suggestion: Drivers Fix item (in Clean and Optimize scan) that FIXES Drivers Errors and Failures in system and updates outdated drivers

It would be good, if all actions, ASC Settings and Toolbox utilities (including IObit Uninstaller) can run in ASC interface

Left Panel will not changed when utilities, ASC Settings and actions are running----Left Panel can be still there....FOR QUICKSWITCHING BETWEEN ACTIONS [ATTACH=CONFIG]n217789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n217788[/ATTACH]

Hi renodo500,

Wow, you have so many suggestions for ASC. I think some of them are good. AndI will forward them to our product team for consideration.

As for the suggestion for the UI of ASC, I think it is good to display all useful features on one interface with intuitive operation. We value your creative suggestion. As you know that the current skin it voted by lots of users. Before the development of the new version, we usually design several skins to let our users to vote. Then we will choose the skin with highest votes. Never mind, we will definitely take your UI suggestion in ASC 11.

Any feedback or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

New suggested features:

1. ASC Media Together -------

if you can not find your video, music, document and picture file on Computer...or you want to group media into one folder, beause they are scattered in PC.....ASC could create FOUR FOLDERS ON DESKTOP named :

Music, Video, Pictures, Documents

ASC will find all audio format files on your Computer and ASC moves them into MUSIC folder,

ASC will find all video format files on your Computer and ASC moves them into VIDEO folder,

ASC will find all picture format files on your Computer and ASC moves them into PICTURE folder,

ASC will find all text and document format files (including Office files) on your Computer and ASC moves them into DOCUMENTS folder

user can select one of them or all of them--

ASC could perform ADVANCED CLEANING ------as same as included in AMC Security

they are sorted in categories for manual user´s actions

1. Category: Large Files Clean ---------------Clean big files, you don´t need or don´t use (1 GB and more)

2. Category: Installers -------------------------Clean downloaded program´s installers to save space

3. Category: Unneeded Videos-------------Clean videos you have watched to save space

4. Category: Unneeded Music--------------Clean out songs you no longer listen to

5. Category: Duplicated Files-----------------Clean files that are duplicated

6. Category: Downloaded Files----------------Clean downloaded files in Download folder

7. Category: Windows Patch Cache Clean-------Clean cache for smooth system running

8. Category: Similar Photos Clean--------ASC will select the best picture of similar photos and you can manually decide, which ones you keep and remove

9. Category: Blurry Photos Clean -----------Clean pictures that are blurred,

10.Category Archives Clean------------------Clean downloaded archives

11.Category Old Files and Programs-------Remove files and programs you didn´t use for 6 months and later

That´s while all..