IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DiskExplorer

marsh2114

Try this first

Hi Marsh2114-Have you tried the built in(Win) disk cleaner?Also.the"other files"is probably not the place you want to be deleting from.You can look to "rubbish" and "clones",but you really have to look at and understand what you are deleting!Fortunately,your only option within disk explorer is to move files to the recycle bin,so you can go in groups and restore any that have ill effects on your OS.Happy Holidays

Hi marsh

You can use disk explorer to find out about your computer, BUT do not delete anything unless you are absolutely sure there will be no adverse effects.

As detailer wrote - try the Windows cleanup function.

And perhaps you have settings for keeping too many log files?

Perhaps you alse save 12% of the harddisc for restore points? This can easily be lowered to 5%.

Has the harddisc filled up recently?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have run DiskExplorer and found that "other files" are taking up most of my hard drive space. I am unable to delete these files. How can I clean these files and free up space? I currently only have 4 GB left on my 40 GB hard drive. Thanks!

Ok marsh

It does sound like your harddisc is too filled up. You cant be able to run a defragmentation with the Windows defragmentation which has to have at least 15% free space to run.

I asked you before if this filling up is something that happened recently, - do you know?

What is it that fills up your harddisc - pictures? - videos? - programs? - temporary files? - backup files?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks to all for the information. I hadn't deleted any of the files -- well...I tried to but (thankfully) I wasn't successful. 98% of my hard drive used space is taken up by these "other files".

Archived