IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

smartDefrag 1.03 consistently crashes at 75% of analysis

cs0rfe

Hi,

I'm a new user of SmartDefrag, in fact I've just installed it. However, when I try to defrag my C: drive, hte analysis reaches 75% and then a window pops up (IObit SmartDefrag.exe) saying "An error occured in the application. and offering the three options continue, restart, close.

I've tried running chkdsk /f on the drive and that reports no problems.

I'm running Win2K on a 16Gb Fujitsu drive. Any adive on what I should do to diagnose the problem please?

Thanks

cs0rfe

Hi csürfe

How filled up is your drive?

Do you know how much is running - also in the background?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I'm a new user of SmartDefrag, in fact I've just installed it. However, when I try to defrag my C: drive, hte analysis reaches 75% and then a window pops up (IObit SmartDefrag.exe) saying "An error occured in the application. and offering the three options continue, restart, close.

I've tried running chkdsk /f on the drive and that reports no problems.

I'm running Win2K on a 16Gb Fujitsu drive. Any adive on what I should do to diagnose the problem please?

Thanks

cs0rfe

solbjerg,

Thanks for the speedy reply. The disk has 8.43Gb used (so roughtly 50%).

There are no the applications running, no services beyond a default windows install and the firewall and virus scanner (McAfee) have been disabled.

regards,

cs0rfe

Hi csürfe

Has an error report been generated?

What does this error say in the administration log?.

Do you have large video-picture files on this drive?

How are your settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg,

Thanks for the speedy reply. The disk has 8.43Gb used (so roughtly 50%).

There are no the applications running, no services beyond a default windows install and the firewall and virus scanner (McAfee) have been disabled.

regards,

cs0rfe

Hi cs0rfe,

solbjerg's questions are valid, yet, apart from virus scan is disabled, is "SystemGuards protection" disabled in McAfee?

i.e.

Go to:

McAfee Security Center=>Home=>click "Computer & Files=>click "Configure" on right pane=>Computer & Files Configuration=> choose "Off" under "SystemGuads protection enabled/disabled" section.

to disable it.

Cheers.

Hi cs0rfe,

solbjerg's questions are valid, yet, apart from virus scan is disabled, is "SystemGuards protection" disabled in McAfee?

i.e.

Go to:

McAfee Security Center=>Home=>click "Computer & Files=>click "Configure" on right pane=>Computer & Files Configuration=> choose "Off" under "SystemGuads protection enabled/disabled" section.

to disable it.

Cheers.

Enoskype,

Thanks for that. I'm working on it. The version of McAfee I use (virus scan enterprise 7.1.0) doesn't have that menu structure. Instead I've used CCLeaner to disable its startup. However, I notice from the bug report that some McAfee components are still listed as running. I'll try and disable them.

cs0rfe

Archived