IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Whitelist

rs121

Not matter how many times I enter this folder in the Whitelist section it will not retain it. I put it and check back and it shows it is still there but the n day on a scan it still finds the items in that folder and when I check the whitelist it is not there. I am doing everything correct as to how to enter into the white list but it just won't retain it.

Hi rs121,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please try to describe the issue more clearly so that we can look into it? If it is possible, screenshot of the trouble or any error message you got will be much appreciated.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com /cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Here is the scan and the files that it always finds. I have put those files in the whitelist individually and also put the containing folder in the whitelist, yet it continues to find the files. My computer is turned off every night so a reboot takes places prior to the scan and for some reason the files and folder are being deleted from the whitelist. It is really not that big a deal but I am the computer networking business and my company writes software so when something like this is going on I like to figure out the problem.

Hi rs,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

To look into the issue, please take the steps as follows:

1) Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

2)Please send us screenshots to show the whitelist that you added.

Guide for taking screen shots can be found on: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Enclosed is the screencapture of the Whitelist and also the log you requested. At first I just put the containing folder in the Whitelist and that did not work. Then I tried by putting all the individual files in the Whitelist and that didn't work. Then I tired it by doing it both ways by putting both the containing folder and the individual files in the Whitelist and that didn't work. If I run a scan immediately after putting these items in Whitelist everything works perfectly, it is only after my computer is rebooted, which happens every day since I turn my computer off at night, the problem occurs. Upson reboot the items disappear from the Whitelist. In other words, the whitelist will not hold these items upon restarting. I have one folder in the whitelist called Programs CD which has never been an issue. I put it in and it has stayed but the new items for some reason will not.

Hi rs121,

Sorry for my late reply.

From the ldebug-info you sent to us, we can only see E:\PROGRAMS CD in the whitelist. When did you take the screenshot in your last post? Please open IObit Malware Fighter and ensure all the items you mentioned are in Whitelist and then scan again to see whether the issue continues.

Archived