IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10

Hey ya Cicely,

Yes, this is a recurring issue for several weeks for me... on both my machines, to the point I had to step down from ASCU10 and replace it w/ ASCPro10 so I could continue to have the maintenance aspects of ASC. I attempted multiple scans (both auto & manual) on both machines w/o success and same issue on both. I'm sorry I never got around to the troubleshooting for the Alienware for you all. If you really need those files for it, let me know and I'll make a serious effort to get them for you, but I suspect they'll be same as w/ this Lenovo.

ACCPresidentLB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using Advanced SystemCare Pro (and later Ultimate version) for many years now, and it has kept my system optimized and healthy for the most part.

But recently I noticed something strange, some of my pictures started disappearing without warning or trace. At first, I thought I had deleted or moved them elsewhere myself so I didn't think much of it. But then it happened again, and this time I am absolutely sure that I had not deleted or moved them, and started to look for them. Couldn't find them, no matter how hard I tried. They were permanently gone. As a YouTuber, this is equivalent of not being able to upload my videos as I normally would and forcing me to waste time reproducing the missing pictures.

Then I started to suspect that it might have something to do with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10 Pro so I went and did a Speed Up & Optimize scan, waited for it to finish and when I checked the Shortcut Errors list, I found that two of my recently created pictures were on that list. The funny thing is, those two pictures were still in My Pictures folder, so why would there be a shortcut error for them? If I had gone ahead and clicked auto fix, I have no doubt that those two pictures would have been deleted just like the others in the past.

What I don't understand is, why would a software program that's supposed to be keeping the user's PC clean and optimized start to delete files as innocuous as pictures for no reason? Is it a bug? If so, you guys need to fix it asap, and in the meantime I'm going to have to manually check the Shortcut Errors list every time I run a scan so that I don't lose more files. This is extremely disappointing, I paid good money to use this product, only to have it destroy my work, not once but twice.

Just as additional information, the pictures that got deleted (presumably, since I couldn't find them no matter how hard I tried) had the PNG extension and were stored in the My Pictures folder in Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Thanks.

Hi Uncle Keith,

Please send us the screenshot of the issue so that we can see it clearly.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

This is the settings for firefox, the notification that I get when I close firefox. It used to say "Block" which never worked when I clicked it. Now it says "Manage" and clicking it does nothing.

When I open firefox again, the settings have been changed.

and it opens with hao123

I cannot attach the debug zip file as I get a message that it exceeds the limit

I will try again in a new post

I truly love the products you offer. However, do I really need to be running The Malware Fighter and ASC Ultimate 10 at the same time? I understand IMF uses BitDefender software, but ASC Ultiamate 10 has "Real-Time Protection" as well. What are the difference between the two? I reason I ask is this; 1) Using both at the same time uses a lot of RAM. 2) Why did I need to purchase both if ASC Ultimate 10 protects me?

I have been using Advanced SystemCare Pro (and later Ultimate version) for many years now, and it has kept my system optimized and healthy for the most part.

But recently I noticed something strange, some of my pictures started disappearing without warning or trace. At first, I thought I had deleted or moved them elsewhere myself so I didn't think much of it. But then it happened again, and this time I am absolutely sure that I had not deleted or moved them, and started to look for them. Couldn't find them, no matter how hard I tried. They were permanently gone. As a YouTuber, this is equivalent of not being able to upload my videos as I normally would and forcing me to waste time reproducing the missing pictures.

Then I started to suspect that it might have something to do with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 10 Pro so I went and did a Speed Up & Optimize scan, waited for it to finish and when I checked the Shortcut Errors list, I found that two of my recently created pictures were on that list. The funny thing is, those two pictures were still in My Pictures folder, so why would there be a shortcut error for them? If I had gone ahead and clicked auto fix, I have no doubt that those two pictures would have been deleted just like the others in the past.

What I don't understand is, why would a software program that's supposed to be keeping the user's PC clean and optimized start to delete files as innocuous as pictures for no reason? Is it a bug? If so, you guys need to fix it asap, and in the meantime I'm going to have to manually check the Shortcut Errors list every time I run a scan so that I don't lose more files. This is extremely disappointing, I paid good money to use this product, only to have it destroy my work, not once but twice.

Just as additional information, the pictures that got deleted (presumably, since I couldn't find them no matter how hard I tried) had the PNG extension and were stored in the My Pictures folder in Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Thanks.

Hi finegamingconnoisseur,

Really sorry for the trouble you encountered. Please help us look into the issue:

1. Send us the screenshot of scan result of shortcut errors and the screenshot of the two pictures in My Pictures folder that you need but are showed up in shortcut errors list so that we can see the issue clearly.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

I truly love the products you offer. However, do I really need to be running The Malware Fighter and ASC Ultimate 10 at the same time? I understand IMF uses BitDefender software, but ASC Ultiamate 10 has "Real-Time Protection" as well. What are the difference between the two? I reason I ask is this; 1) Using both at the same time uses a lot of RAM. 2) Why did I need to purchase both if ASC Ultimate 10 protects me?

Hi Phludge,

Both IObit Malware Fighter and Advanced SystemCare Ultimate have bitdefender antivirus engine. Their difference is that IObit Malware Fighter also has anti-spyware protection from IObit while Advanced SystemCare Ultimate also has all features in Advanced SystemCare PRO.

If you already have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate, you only need IObit Malware Fighter free version. If you already purchased IObit Malware Fighter PRO, we can exchange your Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to Advanced SystemCare PRO, which doesn't have the antivirus feature.

Thank you.

Hello Uncle Keith,

We suspect there is a malicious plugin installed in your browsers so the homepage was always modified.

Do you have IObit Uninstaller installed? If yes, please use it to remove plugins with a name related to Hao123 or any other third-party pklugins that you are not using. Then set your homepage again to see whether it will still be changed.

Hello Uncle Keith,

We suspect there is a malicious plugin installed in your browsers so the homepage was always modified.

Do you have IObit Uninstaller installed? If yes, please use it to remove plugins with a name related to Hao123 or any other third-party pklugins that you are not using. Then set your homepage again to see whether it will still be changed.

Yes I have IObit Uninstaller. There is no plugin obviously related to hao123. To be honest, I have no idea what most of the plugins do and don't know whether it is safe to remove them or not.

On a side note, if I start Firefox with the internet disconnected, hao123 fails to load. Then I can click on History and then Restore previous session. Then when i reconnect to the internet I can see the previous session. But I have to click on each tab to load it.

Hi Uncle Keith,

We advise you follow the steps below to reset your Firefox to its default state and check if it solves the issue.

1. Open Mozilla Firefox program

2. Navigate to top menu and click on Help > Troubleshooting Information

3. Click on Reset Firefox button

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest for IObit to partnership with ESET...they are the best antivirus solution, their antivirus has the lowest pc usage between all antivirus programs and very powerful detecting of threats in real-time according latest antivirus tests....I would like to see ESET detection and antivirus engine in ASCU11

Starting this morning, I was warned of a Trojan Horse identified with ASC Ultimate 10 by my Avira virus software. I looked into it. The new virus is called: TR/Decep.IObit.EM and it was discovered just a few days ago. The virus name has IObit in it, so, I am wondering if this really is a Trojan Horse in your program??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n219780[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n219781[/ATTACH]

What to do??

https://www.avira.com/en/support-threats-summary-product?tid=145922&threat=TR%252FDecep.IObit.EM&track=1

Hi freedomfromfear,

So sorry for the detection made by Avira and our experts are diligently working on this issue. Also we have contacted Avira to remove this detection.

To solve the issue temporarily before get it solved,please refer to detailed steps to add IObit products into exceptions for Avira antivirus:

1. Launch Avira program and turn off Real-time Protection temporarily.

2. Download ASC from the link and reinstall it: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...emcare_10.html

3. Click the Settings icon behind Scan system on the main screen. Another window will pop-up.

4. Go to ‘PC Protection’, click on ‘Exceptions’under ‘Scan’. Here, please add the following items to be omitted by scanner.

1) Installation folder.

By default, the program is installed on Disk C: \ as following:

C:\Program Files\IObit\ (32bit computer)

C:\Program Files (x86)\ IObit\ (64bit computer)

Note: If your program is not installed on Disk C:, please right click on the desktop icon of the program and choose Open file location.

2) %appdata%\IObit

3) %programdata%\IObit

4. Click on ‘Real-Time Protection’, and select ‘Exceptions’ under ‘Scan’. Here, please also add the same items as above to be omitted by Real-time Protection.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks, http://forums.iobit.com/member/8413-cicely,

But, firstly, you did not refer to me by my proper name, which is freedomfromfear, not renodos500, and, secondly, you did not attend to my question as to why Avira would name the detections using IObit in the title of the detection. Additionally, this morning, I received numerous new detections for all my IObit products, each with a different name, please look at the attached picture, and, get back to me with your complete answer. Thank you.

Hi freedomfromfear,

So sorry for my mistake.

The items in your screenshot that marked with yellow exclamation were files for boot-time record and it seems that most files of our program have been detected.

Please take detailed steps in our previous post to add IObit products into exceptions for Avira antivirus as a temporary solution.

Thanks for your understanding.

No problem, Cicely. My bigger concern is how/why Avira would label all these different detections with a separate name and use IObit in the name, especially if they are not a threat. Can you assume me that these are not real threats? I have already added the whole IObit folder in the exceptions so Avira would stop detecting the IObit suite of programs, but I remain a bit concerned about the detections and surprised that Avira is detecting all of your programs. Please assure me that I am safe with the IObit programs I am using. Thanks!

No problem, Cicely. My bigger concern is how/why Avira would label all these different detections with a separate name and use IObit in the name, especially if they are not a threat. Can you assume me that these are not real threats? I have already added the whole IObit folder in the exceptions so Avira would stop detecting the IObit suite of programs, but I remain a bit concerned about the detections and surprised that Avira is detecting all of your programs. Please assure me that I am safe with the IObit programs I am using. Thanks!

Hi freedomfromfear,

Please be assured that our products are absolutely clean. We will continue to contact Avira to solve this issue.

Much appreciated for your patience and time.

• I would suggest for IObit to partnership with ESET...they are the best antivirus solution, their antivirus has the lowest pc usage between all antivirus programs and very powerful detecting of threats in real-time according latest antivirus tests and my reviewing....I would like to see ESET detection and antivirus engine in ASCU11 instead Bitdefender

• I would suggest for IObit to partnership with ESET...they are the best antivirus solution, their antivirus has the lowest pc usage between all antivirus programs and very powerful detecting of threats in real-time according latest antivirus tests and my reviewing....I would like to see ESET detection and antivirus engine in ASCU11 instead Bitdefender

Hi renodos500,

So sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our program Advanced SystemCare Ultimate with Bitdefender antivirus engine. We have forwarded your concern to our product team and we will surely keep on improving our product to meet your satisfaction.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi freedomfromfear,

This false positive made by Avira has been removed in our latest version.

Please try to re-install our program from the link below: http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

Thanks and please let us know the result.