IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Video lag/spike

elephanne

I've realized that my lap top is not functioning well. i'm not quite sure why this is happening even though i switched off the internet, press the care pro button and when i tried to open a file or video, the video seems to pause/jerk every few seconds. when a friend pm me via msn, the audio sounds like broken speaker. i tried to shut off everything, including the norton and asc3 pro the video lag stays the same

I've realized that my lap top is not functioning well. i'm not quite sure why this is happening even though i switched off the internet, press the care pro button and when i tried to open a file or video, the video seems to pause/jerk every few seconds. when a friend pm me via msn, the audio sounds like broken speaker. i tried to shut off everything, including the norton and asc3 pro the video lag stays the same

have you tried a virus or spyware scan(something other than asc3)? and did the problem start when you installed asc3? try a backup or a system restore to before the problem started. then see if this happens with asc3 with 'system optimization' unchecked.

Hi elephanne

It sounds like you have made the classic mistake of running ASC without configuring your details.

I have written elsewhere that the most prudent course is to not use the care button until you have configured the settings under each section and placed the settings you do not want to change in the ignore list.

This is especially important in system optimization.

Cheers

solbjerg

have you tried a virus or spyware scan(something other than asc3)? and did the problem start when you installed asc3? try a backup or a system restore to before the problem started. then see if this happens with asc3 with 'system optimization' unchecked.

I actually have norton protection center and norton internet security, i planned to remove the functions as when i bought the internet security 1yr plan, the system slowed my internet down a big time. i do not know when it really start as i started to use asc2 beta after my norton expired. as i'm not keen in my computer knowledge, i'm not quite sure how to really do the backup thing and system restore.

i actually have checked the system optimization ( the word seems fanciful to me )

Hi elephanne

It sounds like you have made the classic mistake of running ASC without configuring your details.

I have written elsewhere that the most prudent course is to not use the care button until you have configured the settings under each section and placed the settings you do not want to change in the ignore list.

This is especially important in system optimization.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

i'm using 1Mbps mobile broadband and i think it belongs to DSL, i chose computer optimization to be Entertainment (Home User) instead of Top Performance as my main usage is internet browsing, downloading songs/movies bla bla bla, and internet games so which may fit to the describing words. The only thing i'm not really sure is the additional thing that computer is on a network domain, i presume that it means i'm tapping on someone's broadband or lan but i'm the sole user here.

For the exclusive functions, the only thing i didn't turned on is the automated sweep (for my browsing history and cookies i guess)

Hi elephanne

The system optimization I am mostly talking about is under diagnose system, when you try to run a repair. There you have to look at the details and put what you want to keep into the ignore list

(is done by clicking ignore at the item in question)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

i'm using 1Mbps mobile broadband and i think it belongs to DSL, i chose computer optimization to be Entertainment (Home User) instead of Top Performance as my main usage is internet browsing, downloading songs/movies bla bla bla, and internet games so which may fit to the describing words. The only thing i'm not really sure is the additional thing that computer is on a network domain, i presume that it means i'm tapping on someone's broadband or lan but i'm the sole user here.

For the exclusive functions, the only thing i didn't turned on is the automated sweep (for my browsing history and cookies i guess)

to try a backup, open asc3, click the restore tab in the top right hand corner, and choose a date before it happened. if that doesnt fix it, go to start button> all programs>accessories>System tools>system restore. or if you have vista just search for 'restore' and its self explanatory from there. choose a date before the problem started.

Archived