IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Reboot After ASC Scan for Registry Defrag loops (won't complete)

I have 6 computers, a mix of Dell laptops (2), an all in one (1), and desktops (2). Two of these PCs experience a hang or loop when re-booting following an ASC ver 10 Scan, then Fix, which included the Registry Defrag. It will hang with the spinning wheel. I can get it to finally complete by stopping the reboot, then waiting a few minutes, then re-booting (sometimes it takes multiple attempts). Seems like there's an incompatability with ASC and the version of the Bios on these 2 machines (I believe an update had been applied to these via the Dell update). Is there any solution? I've unchecked the Registry Defrag box when scanning for the time being. I'm afraid that one day the reb0ot will fail and I'll have a dead machine. This is a fairly recent (last month or 2), but I can't relate it to a distinct version of ASC, MS updates, and/or Dell updates.

Hi dfontanese,

Welcome to IObit Forums.

Sorry for the trouble you encountered. Please help us investigate it with the steps below:

1. Send us a photo of PC hangs so that we can see the issue clearly.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. You mentioned that you can get it finally complete by stopping the reboot. Can you let us know what you do to stop the reboot?

3. Regarding "re-booting (sometimes it takes multiple attempts)", did you mean that you need to reboot several times to top the hang when booting up your system? Please confirm. If I understand incorrectly, please specify the issue more clearly.

4. Did you encounter the same issue after you unchecked the Registry Defrag box when scanning?

5. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thank you.

Archived