IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Saving Cookies in ignore list

Blues

cookies

Hey Icy, garybear here, I'm excepting cookies from all my cleaners. Ccleaner is the only one allowing cookies. I have fire fox excepting cookies. N cleaner excepting cookies, and asc3 excepting cookies. Fire fox and Ccleaner are the only ones allowing cookies. If asc3 doesn't show cookies when its unticked, you can't move them over. I'm have nothing ticked to remove cookies, but asc3 doesn't show any cookies.If asc3 would except them ,I would move the ones over that I want to keep. I have been all over the web, but asc3 never shows any cookies. Fire fox and C cleaner do.[garybear]PS I have fire fox optioned not to clear cookies when I exit.

Hi garybear

If you open utilities and then admin tools and then Win manager and finally cookie manager - you can then move the cookies you want to keep into the appropriate coloumn. And say apply and ok. That's it

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey Icy, garybear here, I'm excepting cookies from all my cleaners. Ccleaner is the only one allowing cookies. I have fire fox excepting cookies. N cleaner excepting cookies, and asc3 excepting cookies. Fire fox and Ccleaner are the only ones allowing cookies. If asc3 doesn't show cookies when its unticked, you can't move them over. I'm have nothing ticked to remove cookies, but asc3 doesn't show any cookies.If asc3 would except them ,I would move the ones over that I want to keep. I have been all over the web, but asc3 never shows any cookies. Fire fox and C cleaner do.[garybear]PS I have fire fox optioned not to clear cookies when I exit.

coohies

Hey solberg. There are no cookies there. I am using free addition. Ccleaner and fire fox have a ton of cookies , because I'm allowing cookies.In fire fox you have to go to tools, options, exceptions, and then type in the cookie you want, and then choose to block, allow ,or allow for session. In Ccleaner, you go to options, cookies, where you have cookies to keep and cookies to delete.If you want to keep a cookie, you click it and move it to cookies to keep. I have alot of cookies in fire fox and in Ccleaner because I'm not blocking them. I can not find one cookie in asc3, and no place to type a cookie . The ignore list in asc3 looks just like Ccleaner's , but there are no cookies there, and no cookies where you said either. I have the box in privacy sweep unchecked for cookies, so I'm allowing cookies , but I'm not getting any. So some thing is wrong or not optioned right. [garybear]

Hey gary

How are your settings in Options/privacy sweep?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey solberg. There are no cookies there. I am using free addition. Ccleaner and fire fox have a ton of cookies , because I'm allowing cookies.In fire fox you have to go to tools, options, exceptions, and then type in the cookie you want, and then choose to block, allow ,or allow for session. In Ccleaner, you go to options, cookies, where you have cookies to keep and cookies to delete.If you want to keep a cookie, you click it and move it to cookies to keep. I have alot of cookies in fire fox and in Ccleaner because I'm not blocking them. I can not find one cookie in asc3, and no place to type a cookie . The ignore list in asc3 looks just like Ccleaner's , but there are no cookies there, and no cookies where you said either. I have the box in privacy sweep unchecked for cookies, so I'm allowing cookies , but I'm not getting any. So some thing is wrong or not optioned right. [garybear]

cookies

Ok solberg I get it now. You have to remember when your dealing with me , your dealing with an idiot. You have to have cookies ticked in privacy sweep, and then go to ignore, move the cookies that you want to keep over to the right where it says cookies to keep, before you scan and repair. Have I got it now? Some times its takes me awhile, you will understand when you get to my age. Thanks solberg. Maybe this will help Blues, if she reads this post.

Thanks for your feedback gary!

Good to hear!

I'll soon be 65, and I have experienced some drawbacks from age too.

Hence my retirement status.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok solberg I get it now. You have to remember when your dealing with me , your dealing with an idiot. You have to have cookies ticked in privacy sweep, and then go to ignore, move the cookies that you want to keep over to the right where it says cookies to keep, before you scan and repair. Have I got it now? Some times its takes me awhile, you will understand when you get to my age. Thanks solberg. Maybe this will help Blues, if she reads this post.

Hello,

I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 and ASC3 3.0.1 isn't seeing my FF cookies. I'm allowing cookies in FF and not clearing them. I can see them from the cookie browser in FF. I have Privacy Sweep set to scan for FF cookies, but ASC3 still doesn't seem to see them so I can't add them to the Ignore list. Based on this I'm assuming this is a bug or FF3 is not fully supported yet.

Admins, when will we get support FF 3.x and the cookie Ignore list?

Well I just upgraded to 3.1.1 and noticed that support for firefox 3 was officially added in 3.1.0, however ASC3 still isn't displaying FF cookies in the Ignore list. :(

close your browser then go to settings>ignorelist>cookies and select them. you best bet is to configure the options not to clean firefox cookies.

here's my 2cents please read enoskype

I think I know what your talking about digitalnature. I hope enoskype reads this post, because he can explain it better.I have FF, which I use all the time. I have accept cookies from site checked, third parties un checked. I have all the sites that I want to except cookies from,stored in exceptions, with allow status in FF. If I check cookies in asc options privacy sweep,and then asc runs this opion, it will remove these cookies, and you have to log in every time you go to the forum, even though they are still in FF allow status. If you don't want this to happen, then uncheck cookies in asc Privacy Sweep. If you don't want other cookies on your pc to remain, then change the options,in FF to[keep cookies until I close Firfox] This drove me crazy until I finally figured it out. I hope this helps and enoskype reads this and explains it better.PS I don't think you will need to put cookies in ignore list on asc if you do it this way.It works for me[garybear]

That was more than 2 cents

Got it garybear, but you explained it fairly clearly.

In summary:

-If you want to keep some of the cookies in FF, adjust it from within the settings of FF with allow status in exceptions, and uncheck the cookies of FF in ASC 3 Privacy Sweep.

-To get rid of other cookies in FF, use [keep cookies until I close Firefox] option in FF.

That's it.:-)

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

and

Thanks garybear.

I knew you could make it simple

LOL. I knew you could make it simpler than I did, but I got it right, didn't I ? You are not wrong, but I make seance to those of less knowledge, like me, but I'm getting smarter every day I spend on this forum, and I really enjoy it.

Thanks for the help guys, but are you actually reading my posts, or am I just the only one having this issue? I'm not sure how much clearer I could be. I'm no noob by a long shot and this seems pretty straight forward to me. Believe me, I'd love to add the FF cookies that I want to keep to the Ignore List, but NO COOKIES from FF show up in the "Cookies to Delete" list, so there is no way I can add them to the "Cookies to Keep" list.

Here's one more attempt to explain, and sorry in advance for the sarcasm..... errr.. I mean humor. :)

The details:

I'm on WinXP SP3, FF 3.0.5 & AWC3 v3.1.1

1. I am accepting all cookies in FF

2. I can view the cookies in question in the FF cache. Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. Yep, they're there.

3. I am not deleteing the cookies from FF in any way shape or form. Tools > Options > Privacy > Settings > Cookies = unchecked

4. I can reopen FF after closing it and the cookies are still there in the cache. Yep, they're still there.

5. I close FF before running the privacy scan in AWC3. Yep, all the instances of FF are closed. None are open. There is no hung FF process in the running applications list.

6. I run the Maintain Windows Scan in AWC3 with ALL features enabled incl. Privacy Sweep. Maintain Windows > Scan. Nope, I am not hitting the Repair button yet.

7. Privacy Sweep detected problems. Yes there crap to delete, but not yet.

8. I click on Options > Ignore List > Cookies. Yep, there's crap in there.

9. I see cookies in the "Cookie to Delete" list, but they're all from MSIE. What the !@#$%!

10. NONE of my FF cookies appear in the "Cookies to Delete" list. Damn, where are they? !@#$%^!

AWC3 sees the individual FF cookes during the scan as can be seen by looking at the output of the Privacy Analysis Report below, and I see all the MSIE cookes listed below in the Ignore List, but none of the FF cookies listed below appear in the Ignore List.

AWC3 simply won't show the FF cookies in the Ignore List, and I want to keep the countrywide.com cookies so I don't have to keep telling that damn site what the name of my first dog was, or what my mother maiden name is, or where I went to high school every time I visist the site. :)

Privacy Analysis Report

Total: 94 items to be removed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: 365.38 KB files to be removed

Details of items to be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs\url1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs\url2

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@iobit[1].txt 154 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@mail.google[1].txt 107 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@google[2].txt 360 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@wellsfargo[2].txt 464 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@google[4].txt 136 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@google[3].txt 363 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\adam@www.vmware[1].txt 98 Byte

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\History\desktop.ini 145 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\desktop.ini 145 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat 64.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012009010520090106\index.dat 48.00 KB

Marked for deletion when you restart computer: C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat 176.00 KB

Marked for deletion when you restart computer: C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Cookies\index.dat 32.00 KB

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\PSMigrated

FireFox 3 Cookie: google.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: countrywide.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: my.countrywide.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: iobit.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: ipay.adp.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: yahoo.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: finance.yahoo.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: richmedia.yahoo.com

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\downloads.sqlite 2.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\formhistory.sqlite 4.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\Cache\_CACHE_001_ 4.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\Cache\_CACHE_002_ 4.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\Cache\_CACHE_003_ 4.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\Cache\_CACHE_MAP_ 8.27 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/dgv8uoju.default\OfflineCache\index.sqlite 4.00 KB

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Recent\Cisco Microsite_Jan 5.ppt.lnk 555 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Recent\EClass and Verticals Jan 5.ppt.lnk 580 bytes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\3

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\4

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\5

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\6

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\7

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\8

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\9

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\10

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\11

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\12

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\13

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\14

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\15

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\16

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\17

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\18

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\3

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\4

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.doc\5

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.html\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.html\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.IDB\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.IDB\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.pdf\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.pdf\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.ppt\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.ppt\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.ppt\1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.rar\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.rar\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.rar\1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.txt\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.txt\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.txt\1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\MRUListEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\3

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\5

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\Folder\4

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#wellsfargo.com\settings.sol 84 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol 437 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\adam\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\wellsfargo.com\das\common\images\bharosa.swf\shdcUrl.sol 81 bytes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\ArcHistory

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory\Arcname

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\General\LastFolder

Hi digitalnature

As far as I understand, you have deselected firefox cookies from cleaning in your setup?

Why would you then expect the firefox cookies to be shown in the list of cookies that will be deleted in the cleaning operation??

You could try to select them for cleaning and then check if they are shown in the list over cookies to be cleaned, and then put those you want to keep in cookies to keep list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the help guys, but are you actually reading my posts, or am I just the only one having this issue? I'm not sure how much clearer I could be. I'm no noob by a long shot and this seems pretty straight forward to me. Believe me, I'd love to add the FF cookies that I want to keep to the Ignore List, but NO COOKIES from FF show up in the "Cookies to Delete" list, so there is no way I can add them to the "Cookies to Keep" list.

Here's one more attempt to explain, and sorry in advance for the sarcasm..... errr.. I mean humor. :)

The details:

I'm on WinXP SP3, FF 3.0.5 & AWC3 v3.1.1

1. I am accepting all cookies in FF

2. I can view the cookies in question in the FF cache. Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies. Yep, they're there.

3. I am not deleteing the cookies from FF in any way shape or form. Tools > Options > Privacy > Settings > Cookies = unchecked

4. I can reopen FF after closing it and the cookies are still there in the cache. Yep, they're still there.

5. I close FF before running the privacy scan in AWC3. Yep, all the instances of FF are closed. None are open. There is no hung FF process in the running applications list.

6. I run the Maintain Windows Scan in AWC3 with ALL features enabled incl. Privacy Sweep. Maintain Windows > Scan. Nope, I am not hitting the Repair button yet.

7. Privacy Sweep detected problems. Yes there crap to delete, but not yet.

8. I click on Options > Ignore List > Cookies. Yep, there's crap in there.

9. I see cookies in the "Cookie to Delete" list, but they're all from MSIE. What the !@#$%!

10. NONE of my FF cookies appear in the "Cookies to Delete" list. Damn, where are they? !@#$%^!

AWC3 sees the individual FF cookes during the scan as can be seen by looking at the output of the Privacy Analysis Report below, and I see all the MSIE cookes listed below in the Ignore List, but none of the FF cookies listed below appear in the Ignore List.

AWC3 simply won't show the FF cookies in the Ignore List, and I want to keep the countrywide.com cookies so I don't have to keep telling that damn site what the name of my first dog was, or what my mother maiden name is, or where I went to high school every time I visist the site. :)

Ihear what your saying!

I know what your saying and its true. The cookies you want to put in the ignore on asc don't show up there, so you can't move them to the ignore side. If you will open FF, tools, options, privacy, exception, and type the cookies in that you want to keep from countrywide .com in the address of web site window, and then click allow.You should not have to remember your dogs name next time you visit that site. Then you have to uncheck cookies in asc privacy sweep ,or the next time you scan and repair , you will have to log back in your site, and remember dogs name. This works for me. It seems backward, I know, but is the only way I know. If you look where it shows fire fox cookies, you can find the cookies you want to keep,and just type them in exceptions on fire fox privacy. [garybear] I hope this helps!! You will also have to uncheck cookies in private data on FF.

FireFox 3 Cookie: countrywide.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: my.countrywide.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: iobit.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: ipay.adp.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: yahoo.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: finance.yahoo.com

FireFox 3 Cookie: richmedia.yahoo.com

O M G

Hello Gals & Guys,

Please listen, read, follow what garybear is saying. The answer is there.:!:

ASC 3.1.1 does not, I repeat does not show cookies of FireFox to be put into the "Ignore List", whatever you do in the Options of ASC 3.1.1, PERIOD. (In all my systems anyway.)

If you want to keep some of the FF cookies, please follow Post #s 14, 15, and 20 of this thread.

Can any of you who has FF cookies shown in:

ASC 3.1.1.=>Options=>"Options: Ignore List" window=>Ignore List=> -General- =>"Cookies" tab=>"Cookies to delete" OR "Cookies to Keep"

Will kindly please supply us a screensot?

Thank you and Cheers.

Thanks guys. I understand what you are saying, and know how to configure FF to retain the cookies I want, assuming I also disable cookie scanning for FF in AWC3. The problem is that I don't want to do this because I want AWC3 to delete all of the FF cookies except for those that I tell it to retain(ignore).

I want AWC3 to handle the cookied delete and not FF because AWC3 does so securely and I believe FF does not. Bottom line is that the cookie handling functionality in AWC3 is not complete and until the Ignore List feature is fixed for FF3, I will have to live with the current functionality and workaround.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Adam

you are absolutely right

Hey digitalnature. you are absolutely right. I agree 100%. I think asc3 should handle the cookies just like you explained, but they don't. Maybe we can convince them they should do it the way you suggested, but I am a little disappointed in asc3 right now, and doubt if they listen to us. They have a lot of problems, that I don't think they are handling right. I love asc3 and the forum, and I'm going to keep griping until they kick me off, or fix their problems.lol[garybear]Ps sorry If I was rude to you. It seems to me you know what your talking about. I think I do too , but asc3 disagrees with me. but that's alright lol

Archived