IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 10 Version 1507 Will No Longer Receive Security Updates

Cicely

Windows 10 Creators Update is overflowing with fresh features, which is the third major upgrade of the new system.

Now Windows 10 has four versions at the same time: the original RTM official version (Version 1507), upgrade version in November (Version 1511), Anniversary Update (Version 1607), Creators Update (Version 1703).

Obviously Microsoft will not maintain so many versions at the same time, and also in order to encourage users to upgrade to the latest version, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 devices running version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates after May 9, 2017.

Windows 10 version 1507 end of service impacts the following editions of Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Education and Windows 10 Enterprise. But Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB will not be affected.

If you are using Windows 10 Version 1507, we recommend you upgrade to a newer Windows 10 version.

How do I know which version of Windows 10 I'm running?

In the search box on the task bar, type winver and then press Enter. This opens the About Windows dialog box, where you'll see the version of Windows 10 that's running on your device.

If your version is listed as 10.0 in the About Windows dialog box, we recommend you upgrade your system.

How to get the Windows 10 Creators Update: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/04/11/how-to-get-the-windows-10-creators-update/

How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/02/how-to-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

For more info, check out Microsoft's official support.

How do I update my PC and laptop to the Anniversary Update at the very least.

Every time I have tried both machines lockup at 83% or 85% and will go no further. Does anyone have a fix or any ideas how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Archived