IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC keeps removing "Quick Access" items in File Explorer

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and in File Explorer there is a section on the left hand side titled "Quick Access". I use it for just exactly that by right clicking on folders/drives that I want Quick Access to and choosing 'Pin to Quick Access' which then lists the item in the Quick Access section (as expected). However what is NOT expected is that whenever I run ASC 10 it keeps deleting all of the items I pin to Quick Access and I'm thus left with having to re-add them all over again EVERY SINGLE TIME AFTER I RUN ASC 10. I've looked in Settings to see if there is an option to keep ASC from doing this but I can't seem to find one. So how do I keep it from obliterating my Quick Access!!!!

Also how do I turn off the nagging "Your computer has not been optimized in.'x'.days " messages!!!! I've already turned off the 'Load automatically at Windows startup" option in settings but it doesn't seem to help. (I don't really mind the prompts to upgrade to the pro version, considering that I'm using the free version it's kind of expected really, but if these annoying prompts about this that and everything else under the sun are part of the pro version then there is absolutely no way I'm EVER going to upgrade to the pro version, and I think any serious computer user would feel the same way).

Hi barman2589,

Please take steps blow to keep your quick access to see how it works:

1. Open Advanced SystemCare -> click Options icon on the top left corner of the main screen and select Settings… -> click Privacy Sweep -> uncheck the option Recent Document under Windows column -> click Apply.

2. Click AutoClean -> check the options ‘Automatically sweep surfing history, cookies, browser cache etc. at bootup’ and ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ -> click Apply button.

3. Also in Settings window -> click Browser Anti-Tracking -> check the option ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ -> click Apply button.

The purpose of the notification is to let customers know their computer status and make optimization timely. And it is suggested that customers keep a good habit of optimizing computer at a regular time for better computer performance.

We have forwarded your request to our product team and they will further improve our program in the future.

Thanks.

Hi barman2589,

Please take steps blow to keep your quick access to see how it works:

1. Open Advanced SystemCare -> click Options icon on the top left corner of the main screen and select Settings… -> click Privacy Sweep -> uncheck the option Recent Document under Windows column -> click Apply.

2. Click AutoClean -> check the options ‘Automatically sweep surfing history, cookies, browser cache etc. at bootup’ and ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ -> click Apply button.

3. Also in Settings window -> click Browser Anti-Tracking -> check the option ‘Sync the same setting from Privacy Sweep’ -> click Apply button.

The purpose of the notification is to let customers know their computer status and make optimization timely. And it is suggested that customers keep a good habit of optimizing computer at a regular time for better computer performance.

We have forwarded your request to our product team and they will further improve our program in the future.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, however 1. I already had the Recent Document option UNchecked (so that's not the issue), 2. I don't use AutoClean (I don't even have it enabled (so again that's not it (unless there's some kind of bug that is making ASC use the settings there even when the option is disabled)), and 3. Browser Anti-Tracking is a PRO feature which is inaccessible as I clearly stated that I am using the FREE version (so yet AGAIN that's not it either). Really batting a thousand there. Looks like I'm going to have to end up using Glary Utilities and a few other programs in conjunction with that to replace ASC since at least their software only nags me to upgrade to the paid (pro) version when I actually run it, and they seem to be a little more 'on top' of what to clean and not clean on people's systems. Kind of a shame really since overall I generally like ASC but if it's going to wipe out stuff that I didn't even tell it to wipe out then there's certainly no way I'm going to continue using it and definitely no way I'm going to upgrade to the Pro version OR even recommend it to all of my friends anymore.

Hi bartman2589,

We are not aware the fact that you are using the free version and so sorry for that the previous solution failed to help you.

We really want to help you fix this issue you reported. Would you please give another try to our new method.

Run Advanced SystemCare PRO->Click Options and choose Settings->Click Junk File Clean and untick the option before Taskbar Jump List->Click OK.

Thanks, and please let us know the result.

Archived