IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster 5

Cicely

Hello

Thank you for this software (Driver Booster 5) I'm not anglophone by the way so maybe there will be errors. I just want to send feedback because this software seems to have potential, free, good interface and support for gaming (hope gaming section will be improved/developped constantly).

I searched on internet "driver update" because the previous software that I used was not good enough and I found you and another one, I installed both.

I prefered you thanks to the qualities I wrote above. But the other one found more drivers to update. Also you did not find for my second laptop the updates for the two graphic cards, yet there was an update from NVIDIA and Intel. Even thought I use Geforce Experience for this.

So for my main laptop (GTX 1070 + I7-7700HQ) the other software shows :

Intel® watchdog time driver

Intel® management engine interface

Don't know if it is really useful.

The second laptop (W10 64b, I5-3337U, Intel 4000 + Nvidia 710m)

Updates for the two graphic cards

Update for Realtek high definition Audio, current is 8186. New version is 8216. Which is strange because for my main laptop I have the 8216

And again the Intel® watchdog time driver

Also I want to know why OpenAL is useful for gaming ? Thanks

Hi Wiga,

Welcome to join us in the Forum.

For your questions, i would like to reply as below:

1. About "The other driver update tool found more drivers than Driver Booster"

You may know that to make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, which takes us longer time to test. That's why sometimes we are slower to display the outdated drivers, and sometimes we won't even show those that may cause serious PC problems. And for any missing driver, you may please email us via dbfeedback@iobit.com, we will manually double check the outdated driver for you after you provide us some information.

2. About "there was an update from NVIDIA and Intel. Even thought I use Geforce Experience for this"

Please note driver updates can be provided by a few hardware manufacturers. Rest assured that all our updates are from the legal source. And even though the updates are from official recourse and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. It's up to you to update them or not. But if anything wrong happens, just let us know and we'll fix it for you shortly.

3. About "Update for Realtek high definition Audio, current is 8186. New version is 8216. Which is strange because for my main laptop I have the 8216"

First you may note that we check driver date first. And for what you said above, you may please take a screenshot of it and download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe,>> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will look into this problem and get back to you..

4. About " why OpenAL is useful for gaming"

You may please note that OpenAL is useful for some games. Please see: http://openal.org/games/

Can you guy please allow for the customer to use his designated DNS settings for Driver Booster? I have a strict DNS rule on my router, everything is forced to use Open DNS. Apparently Driver Booster needs to use its own hard coded DNS settings to be able to download updates. Perhaps a manual optional setting?

Can you guy please allow for the customer to use his designated DNS settings for Driver Booster? I have a strict DNS rule on my router, everything is forced to use Open DNS. Apparently Driver Booster needs to use its own hard coded DNS settings to be able to download updates. Perhaps a manual optional setting?

My mistake. I have a firewall rule to block China. Apparently these drivers to download are located in China?

And by the way, you should be using SSL for your forums. Just sayin.

Hi Guys, In general an OK product, but I don't do gaming, but I would like sound, Drive Booster 4 & 5 (beta) cannot seem to find a driver for my audio, Windows can, but not the software designed for the job.

Hi ESSJAY,

For the audio problem, you may please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. Or just use the program built-in Feedback to contact us.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Thanks.

My mistake. I have a firewall rule to block China. Apparently these drivers to download are located in China?

And by the way, you should be using SSL for your forums. Just sayin.

Hi IOtheman,

Please note that Driver Booster servers are not located in China. For driver server, we use the CD server, that is, there are numerous server nodes in the world, And it will automatically assign the nearest node server to you according to your IP address. If you blocked the assigned server node area, then driver will fail to download.

Anyway, if any problem with driver updating, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. Or just use the program built-in Feedback to contact us.

Thanks.

I Downloaded and installed Driver Booster Beta v. 5.0.0.191 today.

Enjoyed it so far, except that the following settings are still being ignored at system reboot, as they are in my licenced v 4 version. I expected this issue gone in the Beta, but it wasn’t.. :-(

Hopefully, this can be fixed in the final v 5 release.

oksN_1wYqUP4N4hx0DhTNDRo5eJbPBukS51xWJESbEuSckKSNZ-2Ro1mDj1oeDzYrz0ZjynsZxIHN52Q2hJ05gOBCpn4w0VFWkWxOevo15Nj1PI32Q8EVBjMkV94awjVvu_cJeDuaD4ceKe3BHdJiZJq0tomypVaHCzCIx-CVMAzLUvvzx7kcfeZ4Q8rwYfwaQtsONGfLBCwAnkeKG1uLb0TTowoYcXFQ8yvOLW6dGMfJoEgNJCw0HzEvzvMBqEvkW12whobpEFlMLi3

?ui=2&ik=66a5623307&view=fimg&th=15deae131d4e5894&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15deadfbdf755bc5&attbid=ANGjdJ90QNPFEgluytbmNpssu_IykLF8oNJbbAb2IyM_Fz2vf2imXvDYi4NGedn8Qi4ZyfJMk7UhAoKnrHrAmjecnFs0BuWbCgAstKW9Hrobc_0FFbPXk5KwMqkSJuU&sz=w1284-h182&ats=1502893912103&rm=15deae131d4e5894&zw&atsh=1

I Downloaded and installed Driver Booster Beta v. 5.0.0.191 today.

Enjoyed it so far, except that the following settings are still being ignored at system reboot, as they are in my licenced v 4 version. I expected this issue gone in the Beta, but it wasn’t.. :-(

Hopefully, this can be fixed in the final v 5 release.

oksN_1wYqUP4N4hx0DhTNDRo5eJbPBukS51xWJESbEuSckKSNZ-2Ro1mDj1oeDzYrz0ZjynsZxIHN52Q2hJ05gOBCpn4w0VFWkWxOevo15Nj1PI32Q8EVBjMkV94awjVvu_cJeDuaD4ceKe3BHdJiZJq0tomypVaHCzCIx-CVMAzLUvvzx7kcfeZ4Q8rwYfwaQtsONGfLBCwAnkeKG1uLb0TTowoYcXFQ8yvOLW6dGMfJoEgNJCw0HzEvzvMBqEvkW12whobpEFlMLi3

?ui=2&ik=66a5623307&view=fimg&th=15deae131d4e5894&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15deadfbdf755bc5&attbid=ANGjdJ90QNPFEgluytbmNpssu_IykLF8oNJbbAb2IyM_Fz2vf2imXvDYi4NGedn8Qi4ZyfJMk7UhAoKnrHrAmjecnFs0BuWbCgAstKW9Hrobc_0FFbPXk5KwMqkSJuU&sz=w1284-h182&ats=1502893912103&rm=15deae131d4e5894&zw&atsh=1

Hi Argine del Verro,

Welcome to join us in this forum.

For the issue you mentioned, you may please make sure to click the OK button after your unchecking and checking the options in settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n221534[/ATTACH]

If any further question, welcome to contact us again.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i am very disappointed to see that in the new version 5 you left just one skin, the dark skin. when you asked to vote new layouts for Driver Booster i asked you in the comments just a simple request : no matter the new layout choosen by customers , but to keep the white (and red / blue) skin. why on earth just one skin? was it a problem for you left an alternative to the customer? usually i don't like and i don't set dark themes except in a few cases, and in this case i really don't like the combination of colours. Bad choice.

Dimitri

Hello,

i am very disappointed to see that in the new version 5 you left just one skin, the dark skin. when you asked to vote new layouts for Driver Booster i asked you in the comments just a simple request : no matter the new layout choosen by customers , but to keep the white (and red / blue) skin. why on earth just one skin? was it a problem for you left an alternative to the customer? usually i don't like and i don't set dark themes except in a few cases, and in this case i really don't like the combination of colours. Bad choice.

Dimitri

Hi Dimitri,

Really appreciated for your feedback. For the whtie skin, we failed to add it in the current version due to the limited time, but we will try our best to add it in our future version as soon as possible.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Archived