IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I am Krissy

Krissy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Krissy

Hey Krissy. garybear here. I'm not scared of you. How are you? I love IOBIT, AND ASC3. Check this out, this is sd after defrag and optimize . Is this good or bad. I sat and watched this for an hour or more. I admit I had a glass of Canadian Hunter while watching all the little squares move around. Not sure what all happened, but really wasn't that impressed.I guess it was all right. but sure took its time. nice colors , but my window defrag is faster and I like the colors better lol. Welcome to the forum, I love these guys. You will never meet a better bunch of people willing to listen ,and help.[garybear]

Hi,garybear, here I want to tell you why Smart Defrag takes you so much time. The reason is that: Smart Defrag doesn’t just use simple defragmentation. It also streamlines your file system, places the frequently used files and directories into the fastest area of the disk, enabling your computer to run at top speed with the most stability.

I give you a suggestion, when you do the defrag, you can minimize it to the system tray. Let it run, do not care it untill it finish. So you will forget how much time you have cost.:razz:

Welcome Aboard!!

Hi Krissy-We sure could use the help.Hope you are prepared to address some of the more technical issues that we are running into.Perhaps you wouldn't mind getting your feet wet with a look at this thread.Did the best I could,but more information is needed to help people just like this one.Our users need to better understand exactly what they are looking at when they are faced with the decision to change a setting or leave it alone.

SD

Thanks for the post back on defrag. I tried it again and it only took 3 1/2 minutes this time. When do all the blue get together in front of the pink lol? Happy New Year Krissy. Glad to have you on forum. I'm just a cub here but I sure am enjoying it. Great bunch of people here,I've learned a lot.

Backup Registry

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1683 Please read the last two posts in this thread. One by me and one by Dave. Is IOBIT doing any thing about this? I believe its a bug,and though I'm not planing to use this tool, it would be nice if it worked. These tools are in the restore center, left side . Backup Registry, and Restore Registry[select an Action] Thanks [garybear]

Why Pro?

Been utilizing Advance 'Windowscare' now 'Systemcare' free editions with good results. Just curious to what the 'Pro' version does beyond the deep registry and Defrag scans? Having access to Regcure and Diskeeper, is it worth going to 'Pro' version?

Thank you and I look forward to the replies.

Buckaroo...8)

Been utilizing Advance 'Windowscare' now 'Systemcare' free editions with good results. Just curious to what the 'Pro' version does beyond the deep registry and Defrag scans? Having access to Regcure and Diskeeper, is it worth going to 'Pro' version?

Thank you and I look forward to the replies.

Buckaroo...8)

for automated care :lol:

back up registry

Hello garybear,

Hope you will not be angry with my explanation.

The differences between ASC3 registry backup and eusing's backup are reasonable.

Reason:

Registry is a large one, ASC3 “registry fix” do not scan and repair the whole registry, and it scans and repairs a part of the registry in some area. And when you do a backup, it just backs up which it had scanned and repaired.

Eusing also has its own area of doing registry scanning and repairing.

The areas of the registry cleaning in the two tools are not the same, so are the backup results.

Hey Krissy

I'M not talking about Maintain Windows, where you do a Registry Fix, Spyware Removal, Privacy Sweep, and Junk Files Clean, and then asc creates a back up for the repaired Registry, that it fixed. I understand that part. You can go to the little red and white circle at the top[Restore] and find all the restore points asc made. What I'm talking about, is when you go to that little red and white restore circle at the top[Restore] and open it ,you see all the restore points asc has made. This is cool and works just fine, but on the left side there are 5 opions under Select an Action,Create Restore Point, which works,View System Restore,which works ,Settings,which works.Now there is an action that says, Backup Registry, that only backups part of the registry, just like Dave said in the thread, I asked you to read , that I created. If I click the Restore Registry, just below Backup Registry,and above Setting, my pc locks up and I can't get away , until I restart my pc.PS Eusing backs up the whole registry, which if you choose , you can restore the whole registry to the point it was when you created backup with Eusing. I do not intend to use it, but it would be nice if it worked, and didn't lock up my pc. I hope I have explained this well. I tried[garybear]

post a new thread

Hi Rita,

First, choose one topic you want to talk about. There are four: Lounge, News & Offer, General Discussion(Advanced SystemCare), General Discussion(Smart Defrag).

Second, when you entered one of them, you could see the “Forum Tools” on the right top. Then choose “post a new thread”.

yes there is a problem

Yes there is a problem. If asc isn't going to back up the whole registry, why have it . The last time I checked it didn't do any thing when I clicked Backup Registry. It just sat there and said it was backing up registry. The screen went dark and no back up was created. I had to ctrl alt delete to escape. This is a bug and needs to be fixed, or take it off the program. That's the way I see it. Have you tried it? If you have what does it do. I know Eusing creates a back up of the registry. I asking why asc says it will and then it don't. I've been given the run around on this subject from the very beginning. That was my first thread,and its still not fixed, nor been explained to my satisfaction. I need some help from you forum leaders please. I'm just asking for some answers. I don't want to cause any trouble. I love asc, and I love this forum. If this is a taboo subject, just tell me, and I'll drop it.[garybear]PS I know some thing isn't right and I only want to help this program be the best there is.

Hi gary

As far as I understand you, you are talking about two "problems"

First the restore "Backup" - if there is nothing to backup - then no new backup will be created, I think. You shouldn't do it for fun though.

These backups are for the changes the cleaning operation has made in your registry and only for those.

Secondly

The restore function I think works on the original registry, and as I understand you have installed the Windows sp3, while the original install have sp2 in it, right? There is a conflict there, which I think can explain why the computer locks up.

This shouldn't be done for fun either.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes there is a problem. If asc isn't going to back up the whole registry, why have it . The last time I checked it didn't do any thing when I clicked Backup Registry. It just sat there and said it was backing up registry. The screen went dark and no back up was created. I had to ctrl alt delete to escape. This is a bug and needs to be fixed, or take it off the program. That's the way I see it. Have you tried it? If you have what does it do. I know Eusing creates a back up of the registry. I asking why asc says it will and then it don't. I've been given the run around on this subject from the very beginning. That was my first thread,and its still not fixed, nor been explained to my satisfaction. I need some help from you forum leaders please. I'm just asking for some answers. I don't want to cause any trouble. I love asc, and I love this forum. If this is a taboo subject, just tell me, and I'll drop it.[garybear]PS I know some thing isn't right and I only want to help this program be the best there is.

asc3 registry

I'm not using it for fun. It says Backup Registry. Eusing says Backup Registry, and it backs up the whole registry. ASC3 says Backup Registry, but does not back up the whole registry. That's all I'm saying. If its working right, then its very misleading. You can restore repaired registry's by high lighting the repaired fix and click undue changes. Are you telling me Backup Registry and Restore Registry in Select an Action, is doing the same.If that is so, why do you need them. Its just confusing and needs to be explained some where ,just what their purpose is. I'm sorry but I don't think they are working right. I'm using sp3, and I have always had sp3, so that isn't the problem. I do not wish to be a pain in the rear, just want asc3 to be no1, just like everyone on this forum. Have you tried these actions, or are you just guessing what they do. I have tried them and they lock up my pc. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just telling you what happens.[garybear]

solbjerg - I haven't heard of any other apps running well on SP2 but causing problems on SP3...I'm thinking garybear's lockup problem is the result of something else. garybear - Do you know how to check out your event logs?

Regarding the registry backup and restore feature of ASC, if it really only backs up a certain area of a certain part of the registry (per Krissy), then it's useless. Why even include it in ASC? The reason I keep a backup of the registry is so I have a known good copy should my working registry become damaged. Trying to fix a broken registry with a fragmentary backup would be an exercise in frustration. I'm not trashing IOBit here, but I don't understand why they offer such a crippled feature.

I also agree with garybear that it's confusing. Worst case, it could result in someone being unprepared to handle a repair because they thought they had a good backup copy of their registry (per the feature name Backup Registry), when all they had was a fragment. If that happened to me, I would not be very a happy camper.

I know alittle bit

Hey Dave here you are again sticking up for me. Thank you so much for your post. I know a little about event logs , but very little. I know where to find them , but that's about all. I could screen print and send them if you tell me exactly what you want,or maybe with a little coaching find out what they are telling me. Thanks Dave, you made my day good buddy. I'm very grateful for your post. As far as the locks up on ie8. their are more people than me having this problem .It just stared, but I'm not concerned for my self because I'm using FF, just for those who are using ie8. I saw the post about the lock ups and so I tried to use ie8 browser two or three times and it locked me up, so made that post. Thanks again my friend.[garybear]

Hey garybear,

I'm only sticking up for you because I agree with you. :razz:

I was talking about the lockup when you tried to do a a Registry Backup...I don't care about IE. :mrgreen:

It would be interesting to see if you were getting repeat errors (red or yellow splats) in your system or application logs that might relate to Registry Backup, but I wouldn't recommend trying it again (just to see), because it is locking up. If it locks up with the wrong file open you could be up the creek. Not really sure where to go with troubleshooting that one.

Dave

Ok Dave

I had the understanding that the lockup occured when trying to restore the registry - not the backup? (And I was under the impression that this was the whole registry)

And I seem to remember that having read that a copy of the original registry settings (from the install cd) is stored somewhere in the computer.

But I might be wrong.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg - I haven't heard of any other apps running well on SP2 but causing problems on SP3...I'm thinking garybear's lockup problem is the result of something else. garybear - Do you know how to check out your event logs?

Regarding the registry backup and restore feature of ASC, if it really only backs up a certain area of a certain part of the registry (per Krissy), then it's useless. Why even include it in ASC? The reason I keep a backup of the registry is so I have a known good copy should my working registry become damaged. Trying to fix a broken registry with a fragmentary backup would be an exercise in frustration. I'm not trashing IOBit here, but I don't understand why they offer such a crippled feature.

I also agree with garybear that it's confusing. Worst case, it could result in someone being unprepared to handle a repair because they thought they had a good backup copy of their registry (per the feature name Backup Registry), when all they had was a fragment. If that happened to me, I would not be very a happy camper.

Archived