IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced WindowsCare 2.40 Official Edition(Available Now)

Tim Xue

Please check out Giveawayoftheday.com's policy:

---------------

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

No free technical support

No free upgrades to future versions

Strictly non-commercial usage

---------------

The pro version from giveawayoftheday.com is more advantage than the Personal edition.

(1)The system analysis module in Pro edition has more computer and network type to tweak.

(2)There are automated scan/care/update service in the Pro edition.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you post the previous working AWC Personal beta?

Hello,

The latest AWC Personal 2.4.0.763 still hangs on the Registry Scan as I have posted before. I tried to install AWC Pro to test it but it is disabled on my machine since I did not upgrade to the premium service and it will not scan. Can you post the stable release of the AWC Personal before beta 2.4.0.763 was released? I somehow overwrote the stable version when I downloaded the latest beta. Thank you

Greetings,

I have been using the personal edition for a while and have not had any problems till today. The scan registry always halts at the following entry

Scan Entry: RtkBtMnt

I have tried using the Pro Version and similar results. I cant use the registry cleaner in the Pro Version as i constantly get error popup windows that does not stop until i Kill the program from Window's Task Manager.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I have added some additional info below for your awareness. Thanks

Operating system

Windows Vista

WindowCare Version

Personal Edition - 2.4.0.763 beta 3

Error Message

5/1/2007 11:06:54 AM

Exception Type=EStackOverflow

Error Message=Stack overflow

Interesting - AWC didn't say anything about DNS running - I had to manually shut it off after the scan missed it. And, still not open with....

Vista Home Premium

THX

Bob

gnxfan,

Have a look at the post #6 below and the following one #7.

http://www.iobit.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=1013#post1013

Also, #16 of this thread.

And this one:

http://www.iobit.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=1100#post1100

Hi GNXFAN,

The DNS service I recommended turning on in the post on the second link Enoskype provided was just chosen as something "safe" to change that AWC would pick up as a problem in System Analysis. I used this in XP- I thought it would find it in Vista also. You could try something else such as Windows Time Service (however, I chose to have AWC ignore this one).

The whole point is to change something that will cause AWC to find a problem (without causing a problem with the computer).I am not familiar with vista, so if the DNS service isn't picked up by AWC in vista, does anyone have a suggestion of something to start that AWC will catch? (Tim, Enoskype?).

samr.

Hi samr,

Like yourself, all the guidance on this subject, I assumed Widows XP.

If you turn off User Account Control (UAC) in User Accounts in Vista,

AWC will find it as a problem as "Optimize Security Settings" and will prefer to Enable LUA and would like to change the current value from "0 "to recomended value "1".

If you apply the optimization, this will turn on UAC.

No problem with the system when it is off (I use it most of the time "off") an so on.

But, I think, Boost fuction is not available in Vista. Tim has to inform the forum about that.

EDIT:Thanks samr, I have missed that post from Tim about Vista too.

AWC Pro & Personal 2.4 Official versions available

AWC Pro & Personal Official Versions 2.4 are now available. Check updated post #1 in this thread or check for updates in the programs.

samr.

Registry Scan still hangs

I am still having the same problem with the Registry Scan hanging using the latest 2.4.771 version. So far your work has been great but this issue still persists. Any solution for this? Please do not recommend to use Advanced Windows Care Pro. I will purchase the Pro version on my own at some future time but I would like to continue AWC Personal for now. If you are incapable of fixing this error then that is fine, I will stop using AWC, but I have confidence that you will be able to fix it. So far you have done great work in the past and there is no reason why it should not continue. Here is the log error:

5/9/2007 12:46:36 AM

AWC Version=2.4.0.771

OS Info=Windows XP

Exception Type=EStackOverflow

Error Message=Stack overflow

Thanks for your help.

To wok188: Thanks for your support!

To lenny10: Please use the individual program called "Registry Cleaner" in AWCPro v2.4, then you will see the program hangs up at which part, then I think I can fix this problem. You don't need register or purchase it to use "Registry Cleaner", just download AWC Pro from http://www.iobit.com/files/AWCPro.exe and then run RegistryCleaner.exe

I have ran Registry Cleaner beta 1.04 and when it reaches "Open Scan" it crashes. In other words the Registry Cleaner program dissapears with no error message. This behavior is consistent - I have tried it several times. What is your recommendation?

Hello, lenny10. Please redownload the lastest version from our website. There are some mirror fix. After installing the new version, please set "SafeMode=1" in the "Main" section in Main.ini file, and then perform a scan. The progblem of Registry Scanner Module will be fixed.

I have downloaded the latest AWCPro and used the RegistryCleaner.exe but it is doing the same as the previous version. Its size is 1,022,432 which is the same as the previous version. Also I have downloaded AWC Personal 2.4.771 and even with setting SafeMode=1 it hangs the same on the Registry Scan. Maybe I am trying the wrong version. Can you post the link to upgrade to the new version to try? thanks

I noticed that AWC doesn't want to update the definition database anymore. I assume that is because you need to update AWC to the 2.40 version?

When you download a later version of AWC are you supposed to uninstall the previous version or install it over the top?

Archived