IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care

GlenCoveMama

Hi GlenCoveMama,

Open the Task Manager and kill (End)the AWC.exe process.

Uninstall it completely, and reistall ASC 3.1.1 downloading from here .

After Scan, please read the details of the found problems and act accordingly before Repair.

You can find many posts in the forum about that.

Cheers.

The current version is crashing with the privacy sweep function ticked (I have already posted elsewhere about this & don't want to cross post all the details) so I wanted to use version 3.1 but still keep the spyware defense up to date.

The current version is crashing with the privacy sweep function ticked (I have already posted elsewhere about this & don't want to cross post all the details) so I wanted to use version 3.1 but still keep the spyware defense up to date.

you can look in the News section. also, try the search function. your problem may have been reported already before.

Hi Trader

Crashes on all 5 machines?

Did you do an absolutely clean install of the latest version?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have ASC on 5 machines and have been using it for years and never a problem. This latest version crashes on me unless I avoid index.dat :shock:

Only crashes on one machine as I am not keen to update the others.

Nothing has changed on the machine with the crashes and I run similar software on all machines with similar configurations. When installing the latest version, the program asked to uninstall the old version to which I said yes, and it then installed the new version. My initial question regarding applying definition updates to previous versions remains, however. :-)

Hello Trader

My question related to an absolutely clean install, this means to uninstall the previous version, delete its leftover folder, clean the registry and then install the new version.

Sometimes there are leftovers in the folder that can make the program behave incorrectly.

This means that one has to configure the program anew and add ones preferred settings to the ignore list.

The definition update for previous versions is not possible to my knowledge.

The newest version usually are better - and the updates are geared for that version.

Remember to ask for updates before running the program after the new install.

Cheers

solbjerg

By the way - if you are using the pro version you cannot update before you have activated your account.

Only crashes on one machine as I am not keen to update the others.

Nothing has changed on the machine with the crashes and I run similar software on all machines with similar configurations. When installing the latest version, the program asked to uninstall the old version to which I said yes, and it then installed the new version. My initial question regarding applying definition updates to previous versions remains, however. :-)

solbjerg the complete reinstall & registry clean worked - thanks. Interestingly, even tho I deleted all the IObit folders after the unistall and cleaned the registry using Registry Mechanic v8, on reinstallation the preferences remained as before suggesting something embedded in "common files" or deep in the registry. Anyway, thanks again! :grin:

Hi Trader

Thanks for the feedback!!

You are saying that your ignore list was transferred to the new install??

If so - it is a good thing, as long as it doesn't interfere with the installation. I haven't seen that, - it's a long time since I had any problems updating the program, so I usually install over the top, and in that instance all settings are transferred, so that is probably why I haven't noticed it.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg the complete reinstall & registry clean worked - thanks. Interestingly, even tho I deleted all the IObit folders after the unistall and cleaned the registry using Registry Mechanic v8, on reinstallation the preferences remained as before suggesting something embedded in "common files" or deep in the registry. Anyway, thanks again! :grin:

Archived