IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder (joke)

JustDave

I've recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder) It manifests itself this way...

Last Saturday I decided to wash my car. As I pick up my car keys and start toward the garage I notice there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, separate the junk mail from the bills, and put the junk mail in the trash can under the table. I see the trash can is full.

I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash but then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash, I may as well go ahead and pay the bills now.

I pick my checkbook up off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking earlier.

I pick up the Coke to move it aside so I don't accidentally knock it over and notice that it's getting warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke a vase of flowers on the bookcase catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the bookcase, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set my glasses back down on the bookcase, fill a small watering can with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs. But first I'll water the flowers.

As I go to water the flowers, I bump the bookcase and spill water on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, the watering can on the floor, and go get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall to the trash can trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, I don't remember what I did with the car keys, and there's a small watering can sitting in the middle of the floor. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem and I need to get some help for it, but first I need to check the forums.

Hi Dave

I like it! We are all like that - more or less!

Do you remember Parkinson - he wrote a little story about his aunt:

He called her and asked how she was, and she told him that she had had a very busy day: First she wanted to write a postcard to an old friend, in order to do that she first had to find a pen (this took quite a while) then some paper (this also took quite a while) then she had to find her glasses (this took an even longer while) but at last she was set to write the postcard - she wrote it -but discovered that she did not have a stamp for it, so she had to take a bus to the nearest town to get one - after that she discovered that there was no return bus, so she had to walk all way back to her her home to put the stamp on the postcard, and then in order to send it she had to go back to the town to send it.

So all in all this job had taken all day and tapped her of all her energy, so she was very tired but also glad that she had accomplished what she set out to do.

May your days end the same way in the new year Dave :-)

Greetings

solbjerg

I've recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder) It manifests itself this way...

Last Saturday I decided to wash my car. As I pick up my car keys and start toward the garage I notice there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, separate the junk mail from the bills, and put the junk mail in the trash can under the table. I see the trash can is full.

I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash but then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash, I may as well go ahead and pay the bills now.

I pick my checkbook up off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking earlier.

I pick up the Coke to move it aside so I don't accidentally knock it over and notice that it's getting warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke a vase of flowers on the bookcase catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the bookcase, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set my glasses back down on the bookcase, fill a small watering can with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs. But first I'll water the flowers.

As I go to water the flowers, I bump the bookcase and spill water on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, the watering can on the floor, and go get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall to the trash can trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, I don't remember what I did with the car keys, and there's a small watering can sitting in the middle of the floor. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem and I need to get some help for it, but first I need to check the forums.

Aaadd

I was wondering if any one on the forum was like me.I feel right at home now. At least we have the forum. I won't mention what else I'm losing lol. Happy New year every one. My wife really licked your joke, but said it was far to real to be funny lol. May you all have a happy, safe,prosperous,and healthy new year.{garybear]

:lol:

solbjerg - Neat story. And yes...could be way too many of us.

garybear - I agree with your wife; in my case it's almost too much like my real life to be too funny.

sunny - Like living though cotton? I been there. Good luck with it.

Happy New Year all!

Archived