IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unwanted Software Installs and Advertisements

OzTechGeek

You obviously want to make your point strongly, and I have allowed you to do so numerous times.

In any Forum, multiple posts on the same subject would not be allowed, but I have given you a lot of

leeway, and allowed numerous posts, which would not normally be allowed.

I have been more than fair with you, and now I must insist that you stop posting on this subject.

You have more than made your point.

• 11 months later...

I have used Iobit products ongoing since 2006 when they were just first starting. Sure there have been a lot of ups/downs over the past decade and a half.  Nothing is perfect, but I can tell you ...as a utility, ASC put iolo System Mechanic and Wise Registry cleaner/repair to shame over that time.  One of the best things I like about ASC is that, in 16 years, it has never destroyed, messed up, or corrupted my computers....ever.  I have always seen a performance boost, and Smart Defrag is the best optimizer I've ever used with HDDs.  On the flip-side, I will admit I have had my huge frustrations with Driver Booster and Uninstaller over the years though, but both have improved.

Concerning Iobit products in general, I wish to bring up TWO Important Points from a veteran user (myself).  It made a difference and my decision to keep using their products.

The first is ....Learn the Product, read the online instructions, learn how to "Install" it (carefully and slowly) reading "everything" in the windows & making the appropriate selections (opting-out of 3rd party extras) ...and then go the next step: ...use, experiment and learn everything it is actually capable of (including what is "not" covered in their documentation) and you will be surprised.  Most people want an "install and go" solution, and Iobit loves to advertise and use somewhat-forceful tactics to promote their partners and 3rd-party software offerings.  But ...you CAN CONTROL THIS, as well as tweaking everything to work the way you want, and even find features you didn't understand fully or even know about.  I have learned how, and I have no problems whatsoever.  I've used enough software that attempted to "take-over" or control my computer without giving me any options whatsoever.  At least I can say I have taken the effort to learn to "control" Iobit programs to do what I want or expect.

The second is, ...is Iobit trustworthy?  Has their reputation been trashed as being classified by other programs and cyber-security companies as PUPs?  Is your computer, information and data really safe?  I cannot say for sure.  Many companies promise that it is, and I can at least say my experience with Iobit over the years has been good. ...But if you think you are any safer with Microsoft, Google, or any other so-called "reputable" company out there, you might want to think that one through again.  Most online companies make a large part of money by selling data, trends, and even the personal info you allow or agree to, as well as some you aren't aware you agreed to.  It really is part of the business game.

What I don't like, ...is Iobit's use of 3rd party partners in handling, reselling, and billing of their own core programs.  Make sure you manually download Iobit products "only" directly from the Iobit site or from the Major Geeks site, and from no where else, nor from any hyperlinks in email or other sites.

Finally, it is always wise to use or run more than one.  I use and run Malwarebytes and Defender as my alternate security programs side-by-side with Iobit, and yes, I had to white-list some Iobit files, but they run great together and (as I said), no problems.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, Scannan said:

You obviously want to make your point strongly, and I have allowed you to do so numerous times.

In any Forum, multiple posts on the same subject would not be allowed, but I have given you a lot of

leeway, and allowed numerous posts, which would not normally be allowed.

I have been more than fair with you, and now I must insist that you stop posting on this subject.

You have more than made your point.

Scannan, I don't think you get it. I as well as many others have complained about the untrustworthy and unethical insertion of malware and unwanted advertisements in your products. This is especially malignant when someone has paid for your software, thankfully I am not one of those people, and there are many better alternatives to all your products.

I've said my piece, moved on from your company's scammy/spammy software. Time do delete my account from your forums.

2 hours ago, nrevolt said:

Scannan, I don't think you get it. I as well as many others have complained about the untrustworthy and unethical insertion of malware and unwanted advertisements in your products. This is especially malignant when someone has paid for your software, thankfully I am not one of those people, and there are many better alternatives to all your products.

I've said my piece, moved on from your company's scammy/spammy software. Time do delete my account from your forums.

Yes, I get it perfectly well. I have never agreed with the advertising practices of Iobit, which I have made clear many times, and

which you would have known had you bothered to look.

But, I am quite used to the fact that some people just like to moan.