IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to solve MFT problem

Krissy

My friend got a problem, now I quote :

/"I installed ASC3 on Vista and did a clean with the default settings. I rebooted to find that my MFT and MFT mirrors (Master File Table) had been corrupted, which means that not only will Windows not boot, but that I can not access any of the files on the hard drive whatsoever! I\'ve been through several data recovery programs and still can not access my files. My entire hard drive is \"corrupted and unreadable.\"

Hi Krissy,

Generally, if both the MFT and MFT miror are corrupt, the only thing left to do is reformat and reinstall. Though I did read on one forum where a guy claimed that both his MFT and MFT mirror were gone, and he was able to recover his entire hard drive using an application called Active@File Recovery. Mind you, I'm not associated with the Active@File Recovery folk, and I'm certainly not endorsing it...I don't have a clue whether it would work or not. I've never used it. I'm just passing the info along.

You download an ISO, burn a bootable CD, then do the recovery from the CD. They offer a free demo (limited to recovery of files less than 64K) which should tell you whether or not it's going to read the disk.

Good Luck.

Archived