IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disabling Windows Update

Unsavory

So I go to follow the instructions from the linked topic below, and there are no items to right-click under either the Summary or Vulnerability Fix tab. ASC keeps turning Windows Update on, and I need this behavior to stop. I kept turning Windows Update off, not knowing why it kept turning back on. I just thought Microsoft was being incredibly stubborn, even reckless, in that they kept modifying my user directories without my permission! I had to robocopy my files back, and optimize my system settings and browser settings all over again. I would appreciate being able to turn off Windows Update for good. Unfortunately, I realize that they still force security updates, and that Windows 10 Home users are out of luck, so all of this may be in vain. I've followed every piece of advice I could find on Google, and I confirmed my suspicions that ASC 11.2 Pro was turning it back on... over and over and over again. I stopped and disabled wuauserv through services.msc, changed my internet connection to "metered", and installed NoVirusThanks Win Update Stop 1.3.

So, is there a way to disable Vulnerability Fix, and/or disable turning Windows Update back on from Vulnerability Fix? Again, nothing shows up in the Security Holes and Summary tabs; they're completely empty.

How do I disable Windows Update?? - IObit.Com Forums

So I go to follow the instructions from the linked topic below, and there are no items to right-click under either the Summary or Vulnerability Fix tab. ASC keeps turning Windows Update on, and I need this behavior to stop. I kept turning Windows Update off, not knowing why it kept turning back on. I just thought Microsoft was being incredibly stubborn, even reckless, in that they kept modifying my user directories without my permission! I had to robocopy my files back, and optimize my system settings and browser settings all over again. I would appreciate being able to turn off Windows Update for good. Unfortunately, I realize that they still force security updates, and that Windows 10 Home users are out of luck, so all of this may be in vain. I've followed every piece of advice I could find on Google, and I confirmed my suspicions that ASC 11.2 Pro was turning it back on... over and over and over again. I stopped and disabled wuauserv through services.msc, changed my internet connection to "metered", and installed NoVirusThanks Win Update Stop 1.3.

So, is there a way to disable Vulnerability Fix, and/or disable turning Windows Update back on from Vulnerability Fix? Again, nothing shows up in the Security Holes and Summary tabs; they're completely empty.

Hi Unsavory,

Please Go to Clean & Optimize tab -> tick Security Reinforce only to perform a scan-> click on System weakness in the scan result->right-click Windows Update and select Ignore on the right panel.

Please refer to our screenshot.

Security Reinforce isn't turning Windows Update back on, Vulnerability Fix is.

I've already ignored Windows Update through System Weakness.

Automatically Fix is also unticked -- so it shouldn't automatically do anything.

I have to keep disabling Windows Update every time I run Vulnerability Fix.

See the attached layered screenshots (one image) for details.

Security Reinforce isn't turning Windows Update back on, Vulnerability Fix is.

I've already ignored Windows Update through System Weakness.

Automatically Fix is also unticked -- so it shouldn't automatically do anything.

I have to keep disabling Windows Update every time I run Vulnerability Fix.

See the attached layered screenshots (one image) for details.

Hi Unsavory,

Vulnerability Fix will only help you scan and fix Windows Vulnerability. It will not enable Window Update service.

And Window Update service will not be enabled by our program if you have added it to the ignore list by following the mentioned instructions.

Thanks.

But it does, and I've proven it!

In this video, I show you that Windows Update is on the ignore list and that I've followed the instructions above perfectly. Then I show you what happens when I use Vulnerability Fix, and click refresh. Then I disable the service again and show you that it doesn't happen when I use Security Reinforce and refresh. Then I do it again and again with Vulnerability Fix.

If I refresh at any other time, Windows Update will still be off -- but *only* if I don't do Vulnerability Fix! Which (by deductive reasoning) means that the only time that Windows Update ever turns on, is when I use Vulnerability Fix! :o

But it does, and I've proven it!

In this video, I show you that Windows Update is on the ignore list and that I've followed the instructions above perfectly. Then I show you what happens when I use Vulnerability Fix, and click refresh. Then I disable the service again and show you that it doesn't happen when I use Security Reinforce and refresh. Then I do it again and again with Vulnerability Fix.

If I refresh at any other time, Windows Update will still be off -- but *only* if I don't do Vulnerability Fix! Which (by deductive reasoning) means that the only time that Windows Update ever turns on, is when I use Vulnerability Fix! :o

Hi Unsavory,

We have confirmed with our experts that Windows Updates will be enabled when you tick Vulnerability Fix for a scan but the settings of Windows Updates will not be changed.

The Windows Updates will be disabled after you reboot your computer if you have choose "Never Check for updates".

Please further check this.

As far as I know, there is no option to "Never Check for Updates" in Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Googled it several times, because I really want to be done with Windows Update) -- just Windows 8.1 and earlier. The only Windows Update settings available are essentially "Inactive Hours", "Do you want us to warn you about incoming updates?" and "What day this week do you want to do this?". Other editions include the possibility of deferred updates. As such, once the updates are enabled via Vulnerability Fix, I have to manually disable them as I do in the video. It seems to me that the only solution is to keep Vulnerability Fix unticked, or periodically tick it and just make sure to disable the service again. Ever since I've discovered this about Vulnerability Fix, it has become more manageable, at least.

As far as I know, there is no option to "Never Check for Updates" in Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Googled it several times, because I really want to be done with Windows Update) -- just Windows 8.1 and earlier. The only Windows Update settings available are essentially "Inactive Hours", "Do you want us to warn you about incoming updates?" and "What day this week do you want to do this?". Other editions include the possibility of deferred updates. As such, once the updates are enabled via Vulnerability Fix, I have to manually disable them as I do in the video. It seems to me that the only solution is to keep Vulnerability Fix unticked, or periodically tick it and just make sure to disable the service again. Ever since I've discovered this about Vulnerability Fix, it has become more manageable, at least.

Hi Unsavory,

So sorry for I don't notice the settings change of Windows Updates on win10.

The Windows Updates feature will be enabled temporarily but the settings of Windows Updates will not be changed.

Please take steps below to further help us confirm this.

1) Take a screenshot of your current settings of Windows Updates.

2) Tick Vulnerability Fix module to perform a scan and fix the issue found.

3) Reboot your computer to see whether the setting of your Windows Updates changes.

4) Take a new screenshot of he setting of your Windows Updates.

Thanks.

The last screenshot was taken after following your instructions, and it shows that the only setting that is changed by Vulnerability Fix is that Windows Updates gets turned on, and it remains turned on after rebooting. Everything else is completely unchanged, so I did not take duplicate screenshots.

Thank you.

The last screenshot was taken after following your instructions, and it shows that the only setting that is changed by Vulnerability Fix is that Windows Updates gets turned on, and it remains turned on after rebooting. Everything else is completely unchanged, so I did not take duplicate screenshots.

Thank you.

Hi Unsavory,

You know that there is no way to permanently disable windows updates on Win10. The scan and fix of Vulnerability Fix module need to enable windows update. To avoid this, please don't tick Vulnerability Fix module to perform a scan if you don't want to our program to enable windows updates.

Archived