IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smartdefrag is not starting with W2000 PRO SP4. Why?

Hi MacPeter,

I run smart defrag on a computer with the same OS and service pack and have had no problems. Can you give a description of what it is (or isn't) doing? Also, you might look in Program Files-Iobit-Smart Defrag. If there is a bug report file you could post it under the Bug Report topic here in the forum so they could see where the problem is.

samr.

Hi samr,

For the time being I can tell you only one thing: Smartdefrag is not starting when my wife starts her computer.

She has to start Smartdefrag with a double-click. Otherwise the manual defrag is working without problems.

I'll look for the bug report as you suggest.

On my computer with XP home SP2 I never had any problems.

Hi MacPeter,

If smart Defrag icon is not showing in the startup tray when she logs on, open the program and go to options-settings-general settings.check to see if the "Load automatically at system start up" and "Minimize to system tray" options are checked.

If they are and it still doesn't start when you boot-up, are you also running Advanced Windows Care? If you are, check in AWC and make sure that Smart Defrag is allowed in the startup manager.

Hope this helps. samr.

Hi samr,

It took me some time to check everything:

1.no bug report.

2. In the settings everything is as it should be.

3.I did not have time to check with a Hijackthis whether everything was OK.

4. So I have another question: Does SmartDefrag have a line 23?

5. I think I don't need to stress one point :) :

One last thing:

When starting Smartdefrag manually it behaves exactly the same way as in XP SP2 where it starts automatically with Windows(that's my computer)

My wife's computer is perfectly clean :D so no malware or viruses involved.

Thanks for your answer.

Archived