IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate & Malware Fighter, does ASC ultimate really need Malware fighter? and viceversa?

Hi.

For what I can tell, ASC Ultimate has an anti-malware engine, so does Malware fighter (¿?)

So, if a user has ASC ultimate, is there the need for having Malware Fighter?

Or, if a user has ASC pro AND Malware Fighter, does the user needs to update ASC pro to ASC ultimate?

It is very confusing and seems that ASC ultimate AND Malware fighter are redundant (ASC ultimate at the anti-malware engine)

Isn't it the same as having ASC pro and Smart Defrag Pro? in which such users are encourage to disable the defragmentation module from ASC pro in order to have Smart Defrag do all the HDD defrag and optimize?

I'd appreciate a detailed explanation from IObit about this concern

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Please a reply to my post, I know that there are other users who would like this clarification.

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas,

You could install IObit Malware Fighter Free if you have installed Advanced SystemCare Ultimate PRO. You just need the PRO version for one program.

We suggest you get Smart Defrag PRO and Advanced SystemCare PRO together. Advanced SystemCare PRO is a all-in-one optimization software to clean, optimize, speed up, and protect your system, as well as secure your privacy. Smart Defrag PRO provides you with thorough, efficient and fast defragmentation experience.

Thanks,

Hi ektorbarajas,

You could install IObit Malware Fighter Free if you have installed Advanced SystemCare Ultimate PRO. You just need the PRO version for one program.

We suggest you get Smart Defrag PRO and Advanced SystemCare PRO together. Advanced SystemCare PRO is a all-in-one optimization software to clean, optimize, speed up, and protect your system, as well as secure your privacy. Smart Defrag PRO provides you with thorough, efficient and fast defragmentation experience.

Thanks,

Hi Cicely, and If I have IObit Malware Fighter Pro, there is no need to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate?

thanks

Hi Cicely, and If I have IObit Malware Fighter Pro, there is no need to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate?

thanks

Hi ektorbarajas,

You don't need to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate PRO if you have IObit Malware Fighter PRO.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

I am running both Advanced SystemCare Ultimate and IOBIT Malware Fighter Pro... I (think I) understand that both have the same antivirus protection and that IOBIT Malware Fighter Pro has more robust malware protection. Windows Security and Maintenance notes that both are running and warns that running more than one antivirus app at the same time can cause conflicts and slow down the computer. My simple questions are:

• 1) Is the above warning valid, i.e. am I possibly causing problems by running both apps at the same time?
  • 2) If the answer to 1) is yes:
  • a) Why the heck did IObit, via constant warnings, advise that I should purchase IOBIT Malware Fighter Pro for full/better protection, but not how to set up the two apps so as not to conflict with each other?
  • b) It sounds like IOBIT Malware Fighter Pro would be better for all around virus/malware protection (same virus engine but more robust malware protection). If so (and if the answer to 1) is yes), should I leave IOBIT Malware Fighter Pro on and just turn off virus protection WITHIN Advanced SystemCare Ultimate (I think this can be done) so that I retain the so-called system optimization features of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate?

I would really appreciate specific answers to these specific questions. THANKS MUCH...

I stoped using iobit products some time ago, due to the lack of paid support and several issues with their products.

I’m a computer systems engineer and have moderate experience with Windows OS, and is a fact that two AV cause more harm than good, and I learned the hard way that iobit malware fighter pro was causing sever performance lags in my windows 10 OS, even when it was the only AV installed, after uninstalling it and settling windows defender as the default AV, the performance of my system was restored.

Hi all,

It is true that you will get a warning when you are running more than one antivirus app at the same time. And the more software you install, the greater resources consumption it takes. So your computer performance may be affected.

As mentioned, You don't need to purchase Advanced SystemCare Ultimate PRO if you have IObit Malware Fighter PRO. But you could install Advanced SystemCare Ultimate free version.

You could run IObit Malware Fighter and Advanced SystemCare Ultimate together without disabling any features and the two programs will not conflict with each other.

@ektorbarajas

May I know more details about the issue you have encountered with IObit Malware Fighter?

Thanks,

@Cicely the main problem was performance issues, I tested for several days my laptop while iobit malware fighter pro was installed and running and then uninstalled and leave windows defender.

My computer was performing way better without iobit malware fighter.

Hi ektorbarajas,

Would you please offer us some examples of the performance issues you have encountered?

Is it possible for you to reinstall IObit Malware Fighter and help us further look into the issue your reported by following the steps below?

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks,

@Cicely I truly appreciate your effort on assisting me, bus as expressed in other posts, I’m very disappointed of iobit as a company, iobit paid tech support, iobit products and iobit forum.

I will no longer use any iobit product due to severe problems with them like performance issues, or ASC Pro making windows act weird due to some registry cleaning routines or some specific optimizations.

The iobit malware fighter pro performance issues was very noticeable, there is really a HUGE difference in using my laptop with and without this product. I can say like a 20 to 30% of performance improvement if not using it.

I really don’t know what happened and what is happening with iobit but after giving iobit several opportunities, I’m done:

1) not answering my paid support queries

2) new iterations of products like smart defrag, ASC and iobit malware fighter doing more harm than good.

Regard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...