IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice

Liteon laptop charger (i think) tries to connect to internet ?

scanreg

i use a laptop and a few other devices in my local wifi, all devices are known

but just got a warning from my network monitoring system from xfinity that is installed on my cell phone

"LiteonXX-xxxx has connected to your network..." but this is not the name of my laptop or other known devices

wha?

i looked in Device Manager (Start > Windows Admin Tools > Computer Management) but couldn't find anything named LiteonXX-xxx

so i paused the unknown device connection by using the xfinity router monitoring phone app, and guess what?, it blocked my laptop (which i've used a zillion times on this wifi) and which had the charger plugged in

so i did some searching and found a thread that seems to suggest that it might be the charger that is connecting:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r291...reless-network

does anyone know if a charger could secretly try to connect to wifi? would this be a new form of malware?

concerned

thanks