IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

So why did McAfee suddenly start working?

dcrane

My friend's PC has dramatically slowed down over these past few years. She has a current McAfee license, so I assumed it was not a virus. I ran ASC3 (free), defrag and all, and it did not help one bit. Frustrated, I ordered additional memory and went home.

This morning she reported that McAfee reported a huge number of problems and cleaned them up. Now her PC is running much faster.

What on earth happened? Did she have a flaw that caused McAfee to be impotent? And did ASC3 correct that flaw?

My friend's PC has dramatically slowed down over these past few years. She has a current McAfee license, so I assumed it was not a virus. I ran ASC3 (free), defrag and all, and it did not help one bit. Frustrated, I ordered additional memory and went home.

This morning she reported that McAfee reported a huge number of problems and cleaned them up. Now her PC is running much faster.

What on earth happened? Did she have a flaw that caused McAfee to be impotent? And did ASC3 correct that flaw?

what "problems"? malware? or did she use that mcafee cleaning thing.

I don't know what problems. I haven't been back. She said McAfee reported 1300 errors fixed and five remaining to be resolved. Clearly, McAfee hasn't been working for some time. I have no way of knowing which of the 1300 errors was the culprit.

Hi dcrane,

I ran McAfee for two years and couldn't figure out why my PC kept gradually slowing down.I figured out that over time it left THOUSANDS of reg. entries from updates that it almost acted like a virus and slowed down the computer. Also had many problems with updates causing everything to appear to be working, but in fact it was not working at all & I was getting flooded with malware. Once I got it all removed & cleaned out all the McAfee problems (got to be on a first name basis with their tech support), I decided you couldn't pay me to use it again! Just my opinion.

samr.

Archived