IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter v7

Cicely

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry and forgot to tell also the download protection needs to be improved a lot. If anyone wants to do just a simple test on AMTSO website, you will see the IMF only detects the eicar normal file, doesn´t detect the eicar compressed files, doesn´t detect PUP.

Kind Regards,

sorry and forgot to tell also the download protection needs to be improved a lot. If anyone wants to do just a simple test on AMTSO website, you will see the IMF only detects the eicar normal file, doesn´t detect the eicar compressed files, doesn´t detect PUP.

Kind Regards,

Hi fvm,

Thanks for your sugegstions. I have report them to our product team.

For the eicar compressed files issue, it is a a bug in our product and we have reproduce it. It will be fixed in later version. Thanks for pointing out this issues.

@all, welcome more suggestions and feedbacks.

Hi Cicely,

Independent testers have used bitdefender AV and also iobit malwarefighter with bitdefender engine enabled, and the result was that the sole bitdefener AV detected and stoped more malware than iobit malware fighter.

btw, I'd appreciate if you reply to my other posts and messages accorss the forum

Thanks

Hi Cicely,

Independent testers have used bitdefender AV and also iobit malwarefighter with bitdefender engine enabled, and the result was that the sole bitdefener AV detected and stoped more malware than iobit malware fighter.

btw, I'd appreciate if you reply to my other posts and messages accorss the forum

Thanks

Hi ektorbarajas,

Please check whether you have the latest Bitdefender Engine in IObit Malware Fighter. It should scan out the same threats as we use the Bitdefender engine. Please send us the scan log of IObit Malware Fighter and bitdefener AV so that we can analyze.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi ektorbarajas,

Please check whether you have the latest Bitdefender Engine in IObit Malware Fighter. It should scan out the same threats as we use the Bitdefender engine. Please send us the scan log of IObit Malware Fighter and bitdefener AV so that we can analyze.

Hi ektorbarajas,

@Cicely at this moment I'm no longer using IObit Malware Fighter, I've replaced my laptop HDD with a SSD, reinstalled windows 10 from scratch and at this time I'm using Windows Defender. Due to my experience with IObit Malware Fighter (affecting Windows 10 performance) I'd like to wait for the next major IObit Malware Fighter (v8) and see if IObit now makes IObit Malware Fighter better and to participate in major independen AV Tests

Hi ektorbarajas,

Sorry to hear that. If you can give IObit Malware Fighter a chance and try it again, it will be much appreciated.

Certainly, we always respect your decision.

Top 20 most valuable beta contributors (10 from Email, 10 from our forum) will be given a License code for for FREE!

Hi Cicely,

I´m testing now the feature on-acess scan just with a simple write handed eicar file and Iobit doesn´t detect the file as it should, only by doing a right click demand scan.

Please check that, do a simple test the develpment team and see what is happening ;)

Kind Regards,

Hi ektorbarajas,

Sorry to hear that. If you can give IObit Malware Fighter a chance and try it again, it will be much appreciated.

Top 20 most valuable beta contributors (10 from Email, 10 from our forum) will be given a License code for for FREE!

Hi ektorbarajas,

@Cicely Since my bad experience with Iobit Malware Fighter was with version 6, now I've decided to give it a try and installed version 6.5 pro (my license is still valid), I can say that I'm impressed because the performance issues that I was facing with version 6.0 are gone! seems good so far and hope this continues (as well as your activity in the forum)

Hi Cicely,

I´m testing now the feature on-acess scan just with a simple write handed eicar file and Iobit doesn´t detect the file as it should, only by doing a right click demand scan.

Please check that, do a simple test the develpment team and see what is happening ;)

Kind Regards,

Hi fvmb,

Thanks for your feedback.

Our product team did tests. Yes it is a bug in our product team and it will be fixed in later version.

Sincerely thanks for your valuable feedback.:-)

Hi ektorbarajas,

Happy to hear that you tried it.

By the way, you can try the latest IObit Malware Fighter v7. The password protection in Safe Box can give you a higher protection. Did you try?

@all, how do you think of the new IObit Malware Fighter v7 beta? Looking forward to hearing your feedbacks.:-)

@Cicely I rather prefer to wait for the official release and not try the beta, since I don't have another computer to test and my computer is heavily used by my sons (for their homeworks) and as plex media server, as well as for my daily ussage.

BUT, I really hope that iobit Malwate Fighter will be now texted by independent AV web sites, this will have a great and positive impact and will make iobit malware fighter to compete (and hope to beat) competitors

Hi ektorbarajas,

I have report the sugegstion " iobit Malwate Fighter will be now texted by independent AV web sites," to our product team and they are working on it. But I am not sure, it can be done finally. But have tried.

Thanks for your suggestion again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw your product on a thematic security resource and decided to come for a visit.

Consider about adding an Avira engine too. It is also available for purchase by third-party companies, but with three engines (bitdefender + avira + your own) you will look very and very interesting for your money with your beautiful design and good feedback unlike other companies from China. :)

And it would be convenient to integrate at least the windows firewall settings and if you add blocking of web hosts not just applications, for example, through the hosts file, it will be awesome.

I just saw your product on a thematic security resource and decided to come for a visit.

Consider about adding an Avira engine too. It is also available for purchase by third-party companies, but with three engines (bitdefender + avira + your own) you will look very and very interesting for your money with your beautiful design and good feedback unlike other companies from China. :)

And it would be convenient to integrate at least the windows firewall settings and if you add blocking of web hosts not just applications, for example, through the hosts file, it will be awesome.

Hi Azag Tot,

I agreed with you related to another third.party engine like avira or avast for example would be a very good and smart addiction to the product. Windows Firewall settings like i tried to suggest before something like a firewall manager would be very important to improve security features and increase higher levels of confidence. Related to block web hosts, i think you meant to say block malicious websites someting like that right? iObit has a plugin iobit Surfing Protection & Ads Removal, but i need to say this plugin this to be improved.

KInd Regards,

Related to block web hosts, i think you meant to say block malicious websites someting like that right?

Not only! For example, I previously had a browser extension from one of chinese anti-virus, which constantly tried to download a JS script from a third-party company to ALL web-pages for order to offer the best prices for purchases. In essence, this is real tracking and spy functionality. In order to avoid this, I blocked the host with this script in the hosts file of Windows and in the firewall of the router.

So, sometimes you want to prohibit some extension or program accessing to some remote host, but not blocking all network activity for it. Something like DNS firewall (by the way, this is a very cool and easy to implement thing).

Hi AzagTot and fvmb ,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I will report your suggestions to our product team for consideration.We will keep on improving our program.

Welcome more suggestions and feedbacks.

Top 20 most valuable beta contributors (10 from Email, 10 from our forum) will be given a License code for for FREE!:-):-):-):-):-)

Still no issues through beta with the latest Insider Preview build of Win 10 v1903.

Smooth sailing as always with IMF after attempting to trick it with the Anti-Tracking, Anti-Phishing and Anti-Ransomware settings, but IMF stands tall still. I've been using IMF for years and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work!

Hi :) I´m back

I have been testing the RC Version to see if all bugs i detected are now solved. i have to say that i´m good impressed about the scan improvements and everything in general. But sadly i thing i have found you another kind of urgent to be fixed before final release, please give some feedback on this. I tested throught https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/ as one of the tests i try normally and saw that related to detecting compressed malware files are not working complety yet, so the IMF detects and remove all compressed malware files in rar and zip files but does not detect any other compressed files extension. This is normal or a bug? i have this dought because we find on settings something like search for compressed files (rar,zip), does this mean IMF only scans for rar and zip files? Downloading the threats IMF says there are safe (there should be detected as eicar virus file test) but scanning the files they are detected and removed.

I waiting for that free code ;)

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

I have been testing the RC Version to see if all bugs i detected are now solved. i have to say that i´m good impressed about the scan improvements and everything in general. But sadly i thing i have found you another kind of urgent to be fixed before final release, please give some feedback on this. I tested throught https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/ as one of the tests i try normally and saw that related to detecting compressed malware files are not working complety yet, so the IMF detects and remove all compressed malware files in rar and zip files but does not detect any other compressed files extension. This is normal or a bug? i have this dought because we find on settings something like search for compressed files (rar,zip), does this mean IMF only scans for rar and zip files? Downloading the threats IMF says there are safe (there should be detected as eicar virus file test) but scanning the files they are detected and removed.

Kind Regards,

Very good point. IMF support for compression utilities such as 7Zip, etc would be greatly appreciated. While rar and zip are the most common, 7Zip is widely used. Also .cab, .tar, ..tar.gz, .arj, .tgz, sea, .bz formats. There are a multitude of compression formats that should be considered and scanned for.

Very good point. IMF support for compression utilities such as 7Zip, etc would be greatly appreciated. While rar and zip are the most common, 7Zip is widely used. Also .cab, .tar, ..tar.gz, .arj, .tgz, sea, .bz formats. There are a multitude of compression formats that should be considered and scanned for.

Completly agreed with you, i hope IMF development team can do this improvements throught between 7 final release and the 8 version, that would be a great security add because as you said that are a lot of compressed files extensions dangerous and not detected by the the current security settings/functions.

Still no issues through beta with the latest Insider Preview build of Win 10 v1903.

Smooth sailing as always with IMF after attempting to trick it with the Anti-Tracking, Anti-Phishing and Anti-Ransomware settings, but IMF stands tall still. I've been using IMF for years and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work!

Hi njazrael71,

Happy to hear that you are satisfied with our program.

Welcome more suggestions and feedbacks.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Kind Regards,

Hi fvmb,

Sorry for my late reply.

I reported the issue to our product team. Sadly, we only support rar and zip, currently. Well,we will keep on improving our program and enhancing protection.