IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro v3.1.2 doesn't detect all cookies... why?

Denniz

I want to exclude certain cookies to prevent ASC from cleaning them. But when I go to: "Options" --> "Ignore List" --> "Cookies" I notice that ASC doesn't detect many cookies from websites I've visited in the last 2 weeks without doing any cookie or temp file cleaning. I double checked with CCleaner and CCleaner does detect them. I believe that ASC isn't looking in all cookie directories, and that's the reason why they aren't detected.

In Windows Vista I noticed that cookies are located in various directories:

"C:\Users\Denniz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies"

"C:\Users\Denniz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low"

"C:\Users\Denniz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files"

I know for a fact after checking that ASC doesn't look in the "Low" directory of "C:\Users\Denniz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low" because that's where all my cookies are located that aren't detected by ASC.

Please fix this.

I don't use Firefox, and to be honest I find the workaround to much hassle. It shouldn't be this difficult to exclude cookies. I find it quite strange that ASC simply skips entire folders when checking for cookies to add to the exclude list. Such a basic function should be fully functional in a program like ASC and implementing it in the way it currently works.... well let's just say that it makes me doubt the quality standards of the developers.

Hi Denniz,

Since you use CCleaner, and it deletes all the cookie files for you, do you have any doubt about the quality standards of the developers?

Personally, I don't have any doubts at all!!!

But belive me that gorgeous program, although deletes the cookies in:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Cookies

does not delete my cookies in:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Before you asking me, yes I have written in their forum, and even pointed out the reason for that, although they have corrected some, they have not corrected this yet.

And, that's for XP Pro sp3. How about that?

Please keep on writing in the forum, be sure that IObit is going to notice that.

Unfortunately my Vista is out of order at the moment, as soon as it is OK, I will be looking to that problem too.

Thank you and cheers.

Archived