Jump to content
IObit Forum
Recover any lost or deleted data with Stellar Data Recovery Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers

Updater had changed my Excel graph display


CatManB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Being somewhat old-fashioned I still run Windows 7 on my PC and use Office 2007 for my data. I like that because it's relatively uncomplicated, unlike the header for say Office 2013.

Until now I've been able to create graphs from my data and can then view them at full page size or any chosen size.

Once created they showed up as 100% size which filled perhaps a little over half the page and it's been my habit to adjust the size to 115% - but after an update the other day I can't do that now.

My graphs are displayed at full page size - end of story.

How has that happened and is there anything I can do to bring things back to the way they were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies if I didn't explain things clearly - but I'm no expert when it comes to describing computer bits and pieces!

But I'm also now somewhat embarrassed and yet still annoyed.

Basically I've discovered what the problem is and can easily take things back to where they were but I'm annoyed that it happened.

It also appears that the updates were done not by Updater but by Drive Booster - I don't have Updater installed.

 

As I said, the update was by IOBit Drive Booster and while I assumed that it would merely update my systems I didn't expect it to affect my Excel too.

The Booster had told me that some drivers needed updating and so I'd let it do 'it's thing' - after which it was suggested that I should also update my keyboard and mouse.

I knew of nothing that needed to be done to them but in the interests of being entirely up to date I clicked on that option too.

(I might add that having checked I now see that I still have Error 24 showing in Drive Booster for both my mouse and keyboard but I'm not going to try to find out what that is.)

 

Nothing visibly happened but when I went to an existing graph I found that it was now set at full page - the 'Sized with Window' tab had been activated as it has on all of my graphs.

It took me a while to realise what exactly had happened and even longer to discover the 'escape mechanism' - so now I'm having to go through something like a thousand graphs to unclick the tab and resize them to my preferred size. (I keep weather records and have done for some 18 years now)

 

My more basic question now therefore is why did it happen and how could I prevent it happening again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From everything you say, it would appear that one of the drivers which you updated has had an unforseen effect. Most likely a display driver.

 

Rather than going through a thousand graphs, i suggest rolling back the updated drivers one by one to the previous version of the driver, to identify

the driver which caused the issue.

Once you have identified the offending driver, you can leave the old driver installed, and investigate the newer driver on the web for issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...