IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SpyBot S&D question

Ted

I stopped using SpyBot S&D about six months ago because I couldn't find a way to prevent a new "Hosts" backup file being created every time I Updated and Imunised. I didn't mind a backup file being created, but the previous one was never deleted.

If there are any SpyBot users here ( I know IcyFrostPyro is ) does this still happen?

Just check in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and see if you have a "Hosts" folder packed full of backups.

Hi Ted,

It is still like that, but once in a while I go to that folder and delete the backups except the last one. That's it. In fact, every time I do an update, I do click "Add Spybot-S&D host list" in Tools.

I don't think it is a big deal, is it?

Specially Tea Timer in it saved me a lot of times from disasters.

Cheers.

Specially Tea Timer in it saved me a lot of times from disasters.

Hi, enoskype,

Not really a big deal, I guess, to delete those Host backups, in fact when I was using it I configured jv16 (or was it RegCleaner) to do the job for me.

I never used Tea Timer so can't comment.

If you do uninstall it, be thorough.

Hi, detailer,

Yes, I always use the " Find in Registry" setting in RegSeeker to flush out the remnant keys. It usually comes up with about twenty or thirty entries for every request.

I've tried Revo Uninstaller, but I feel more comfortable with RegSeeker.

Hi, detailer,

I've had no problems since I discarded SpyBot and Ad-Aware, so hopefully I've eliminated most of the scraps.

I'm still very happy with Opera, but have a couple of buttons not working on a particular website. I'm hoping the INI file can be configured to deal with them.

The one I'm concerned with is the NZ Totalisator Agency Board (T.A.B ). whiere you can bet on horses and football games etc.

I can select all the details of my investment, but when I click the "Submit" button nothing happens. Sometimes pressing "Enter" will make it work.

No problems with FireFox on this website, though.

Archived