IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Closedown time

Ted

Hi, All,

For the past two weeks my closedown time has shortened dramatically. It used to take about thirty seconds ( about fifteen seconds of this was "Saving Settings" ), but now the total time taken is usually about twelve seconds. The "Saving Settings" time is about two seconds only.

I can't pin-point just when it happened, but I'm quite rapt and would like to know just what has brought this about.

From memory, I did change a registry setting to speedup closedown time, but that was months ago. Perhaps I can thank ASC3 for this?

Hi Ted

I do not know

What setting do you use in computer optimization, top performance perhaps?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, All,

For the past two weeks my closedown time has shortened dramatically. It used to take about thirty seconds ( about fifteen seconds of this was "Saving Settings" ), but now the total time taken is usually about twelve seconds. The "Saving Settings" time is about two seconds only.

I can't pin-point just when it happened, but I'm quite rapt and would like to know just what has brought this about.

From memory, I did change a registry setting to speedup closedown time, but that was months ago. Perhaps I can thank ASC3 for this?

faster is better

Hi Ted-Win takes an "inventory" every time you put it to bed.One of the most common reasons for slow shut down is something called "clear virtual memory pagefile",a default operation of Windows.Perhaps you have inadvertently disabled it(which many do intentionally)I think it's a run/cmd>Secpol.msc>Local Properties>Security Options.Or maybe you just don't have as much junk running(as you used to) in the background at closing time.I always run ASC for junk files and a disk clean before shut down-from the red button to the "dink" is only 8-10 seconds.

Archived