IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Improved disk map and color legend

I am having the same problem with version 1.10 of Smart Defrag! I uninstalled the previous version ( 1.03 ) of Smart Defrag. Rebooted my computer and Installed the new version of Smart Defrag 1.10. The area where the disk map should be is completely blank! Infact in other areas of the software there are blank areas also.

I am running Vista 64-Bit

Hi soullvx

Where did you get a version 1.10 from? I have yet to see a newer than 1.03

Cheers

solbjeg

I am having the same problem with version 1.10 of Smart Defrag! I uninstalled the previous version ( 1.03 ) of Smart Defrag. Rebooted my computer and Installed the new version of Smart Defrag 1.10. The area where the disk map should be is completely blank! Infact in other areas of the software there are blank areas also.

I am running Vista 64-Bit

No Color Graphic ?

I am having the same problem with no color graphic. (Tiny squares.) The progress bar is also toggling from very thin, maybe 10 pixels, to normal size randomly.

I do not understand the previous post about the legend?

When no graphic I uninstalled cleaned registry and reinstalled, still no graph.

I got v1.10 here:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/IObit-SmartDefrag_program_24072.html

Maybe a Vista Issue ?

In my case with Vista Home Premium the GUI has very little graphics and as mentioned in previous post the progress bar is very radical. Previous version (v1.03) worked fine for me on my up-to-date Vista.

I am guessing legend means the color graph ? If so,can't click on something that is not there.:sad:

Thanks,

RanMan

Hi RanMan

Win XP here - works fine!

Do you mean that you can't see the legend "frequently used files" "seldom used" "MFT" and so on, - there should be a little box with colour right by them, - this one we can click on and then choose the colour we like to symbolize the various types of files.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. enoskype - thanks for the link, have now downloded an run the first defrag%Optimize with 1.10

In my case with Vista Home Premium the GUI has very little graphics and as mentioned in previous post the progress bar is very radical. Previous version (v1.03) worked fine for me on my up-to-date Vista.

I am guessing legend means the color graph ? If so,can't click on something that is not there.:sad:

Thanks,

RanMan

Hello RanMan

Looks weird!

My guess is a totally clean uninstall - install is in order.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1525

Read the above link - post 1 - please.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

No the area beneath the white background area that displays the HDs is just gray. Nothing is displayed.

I have a screen shot attached to this post.

Thanks,

RanMan

Still No Graphics

Follow the link and performed the suggested tasks. Also went to regedit and searched for leftover entries, nothing. Even cleaned MRU and performed a Disk Clean up. Just thought since I was performing some maintenance I might as well go the "whole nine yards".

Anyway, nothing changed, still no graphics. Reinstalled v1.03 and it works fine.

No disrespect to IO bit, but maybe a Vista bug since this latest version (1.10) addressed improved graphics related to the specific area that us Vista users are experiencing problems? Just a thought from an old beta tester.:smile: Sorry, over twenty years in the beta testing business skews my way of thinking. :-D

For now I'll go to back to 1.03 which works nicely. However, I am certainly open to more suggestions.

Thanks,

RanMan

Ok Ranman

You are probably right about Vista!

I have almost no experience with Vista, but what I have tried has not encouraged me to buy it.

Strange problem though.

Perhaps someone from IObit will step in and explain!

Good luck to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Follow the link and performed the suggested tasks. Also went to regedit and searched for leftover entries, nothing. Even cleaned MRU and performed a Disk Clean up. Just thought since I was performing some maintenance I might as well go the "whole nine yards".

Anyway, nothing changed, still no graphics. Reinstalled v1.03 and it works fine.

No disrespect to IO bit, but maybe a Vista bug since this latest version (1.10) addressed improved graphics related to the specific area that us Vista users are experiencing problems? Just a thought from an old beta tester.:smile: Sorry, over twenty years in the beta testing business skews my way of thinking. :-D

For now I'll go to back to 1.03 which works nicely. However, I am certainly open to more suggestions.

Thanks,

RanMan

Hi,

I will try it on my laptop with vista.

I didn't download the 1.10 yet, so I don't know the problem.

Everytime, when I saw your problems, I always want to have a try on my own computer, and always hope that I could get the same problems.:-D

Looks Good

Hi Tim !

Just installed the bug correction version and all looks well. The two graphs are back on the "Auto Defrag" page, CPU Usage & Disk Usage, and the main graphic on the "Defrag Now" Page is also working.

I tested the ability to select colors for the different file types on all file types and it is also working.

Question. The software version is still depicted as v1.10, which is of course is the same as the version that contains the Vista display bug which has been widely distributed to download sites, will the final release version be bumped up a version number so when available we can upgrade to a version that is identified and the corrected version ?

Good Job ! Thanks for the speedy fix.

Thanks,

RanMan

How to Identify ?

Hi Tim !

Understand what you are saying, but how to identify ? Software only displays three digits at installation (Installer) and on main screen once installed. Or, am I missing something ? Would not be the first or last time. :lol:

Thanks,

RanMan

Hi RanMan

Congratulations

If you go to the IObit SmartDefrag folder and look at the .exe file - it will show that it is indeed version 1.1.0.2

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Tim !

Understand what you are saying, but how to identify ? Software only displays three digits at installation (Installer) and on main screen once installed. Or, am I missing something ? Would not be the first or last time. :lol:

Thanks,

RanMan

Archived