IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Running Advanced SystemCare resetting Windows Media Player Library

netofbutter

I have been trying to set up my new PC since last Sunday. Specifically, trying to have Windows Media Player see my full music library, held on an external drive. However, every time I run the Cleaner and Optimizer for Advanced SystemCare, 12.4.0.350, and restart my computer, the library resets itself. It doesn't matter when I run the cleaner. I could be after three days of the library updating, or three minutes. I have Windows 10, 64 bit, 1809 version. I have a Pentium i5-4750, 16 GB of RAM, all but 1 GB is usable. This was not happening on the computer that was replaced by this.

In order to assist you we need more info.

Do you have ASC Pro, and if so have you selected Deep Clean in Registry Clean settings?

Do you run all the componets of Clean & Optimise or just some?

What do you mean by..." resets your library"?...does it erase some or all of your saved files, or does it go back to a previous library and ignore newly saved files?

What do youmean by...."all but 1Gb of Ram is usable"....is the 1Gb reserved fo system use or is it not recognised?

I do have ASC Pro. All processes are selected. Deep clean is selected. When I to go System > About, it lists "16 GB (15.9 GB usable.) I missed a decimal point. After running the cleaner and restarting my computer, I open WMP and it says no Media in the Library, even though the location, E:, is selected. It then starts to add the library to the program.

I have done the following:

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Troubleshooting

Open Programs

Open Windows Media Player Library

Complete the wizard, restart then check if its working.

If not...

You can try uninstall then reinstall it to see if it helps.

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Uncheck Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Check Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

So...a deep clean feature, which I have purchased is "too aggressive"?!?!?!? Why was it fine on one computer, and not another? Is this going to be fixed. Oh, and it's not the speed of the library updating, is that it has to do it, every time I run the cleaner and restart my computer...but...I guess...as you've so kindly pointed out to stupid little me...there is...no...issue

I am trying to help you. This is a Forum of volunteer Users. I do not work for Iobit.

The Deep Clean function is an option which is available because some people want to use. I did not say you should not use it. I am merely pointing out

that it may be a possible cause of your problem.

You did not say whether disabling it solved your problem. If it did not, then you can enable it again. It is difficult to assist you if you do not give feedback.

You can also go into Clean and optimise settings and untick applications.

You can put WMP into the ignore list.

The best thing to do is to run the Scan with only one item selected each time until you find the function which is causing the issue. Then let us know which function is the culprit

and we can advise on how to solve it.

Looking into it further, I think it is most likely that the function(s) causing the problem is probably Privacy Sweep and or Autoclean.

In settings for both of these you should untick WMP and see if that solves the problem.