IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster V7

Cicely

Hello guys,

Good news. Driver Booster V7 is available now. Enjoy the new features and improvement.

1. Download

Download Driver Booster V7

2. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: dbfeedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

3. Share Driver Booster with your families, friends, and colleagues

4. What's New

+ Real-time updating driver database (3,500,000+) helps provide precisely matched updates for all outdated drivers

+ Added support for updating game components Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 redistributable, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, and Java Runtime Environment 10

+ New scan engine and online database query structure accelerate the scanning by more than 100%

+ New Auto Silent Mode automatically silences all notifications of Driver Booster when a full-screen task or specified program is running

+ Newly upgraded tool "Fix No Sound" doubles its ability to fix sound problems

+ Greatly enhanced tool "Fix Network Failure" supports repairing much more network issues

+ Optimized scan logic to adapt to new Windows 10 May 2019 Update (19H1) for more accurate driver matching

+ Optimized tool "Clean Unplugged Device Data" for easier cleaning

+ Optimized Game Boost to increase the boost speed by 15%

+ Added desktop icon and right-click context menu for Game Boost for more convenient operation

+ Improved the program's self-inspection for better stability

+ New UI and better interaction experience

+ Supported 48 languages

5. Description:

Driver Booster 7 is a must-have driver updater to keep drivers and game components up to date. It is very powerful yet easy-to-use for all Windows users.

Driver Booster 7 can update all outdated/faulty/missing drivers with just 1-click. In this version, the database is further expanded to 3, 500, 000+, which ensures all outdated drivers and game components can be updated for almost all Windows users. And all the supported drivers have passed Microsoft WHQL tests and strictly followed IObit Review Rules, which can fully guarantee the accuracy and security of driver updating. Besides, Driver Booster 7 also offers auto driver update service so that driver download and installation can be performed while the system is idle, which saves users a lot of valuable time.

With another important feature - Boost (including Game Boost and System Optimize), Driver Booster 7 also brings users the best gaming experience by boosting the system with 1-click. Moreover, the 7 useful tools in Driver Booster 7 help users to restore the system, view system information, and fix the most common headache problems like no sound, network failure, bad resolution, and device error.

In summary, Driver Booster 7 not only updates outdated device drivers & game components, helps fix common but tricky problems to increase the system compatibility & stability, but also boosts system for a better gaming experience.

I've installed it on four computers so far. I find the claim of having a million more drivers that v6 to be highly questionable. On every computer I've installed it on, it finds the same number of driver updates as v6 does and they have the same date.

Why would you expect it to find more drivers than V6. Just because it has a bigger data base does not mean that there are any newer driver updates available for your pc's.

The only way to check how effective V7 is, is to go to your device(s) maker and see if they have newer updates.

Why would you expect it to find more drivers than V6. .

Well you claim it has a database containing one million more drivers than v6 has. With that in mind, it is is logical to assume it would find drivers for some devices that v6 does not have in its database and that soe of the drivers it finds would be more recent drivers than v6 finds. Bear in mind that some of the computers I tested it on had clean installs of Windows 10, with no driver updates being done, other than from running Windows Update. One of the computers had two missing drivers, which were no found by either v6 or v7.

It can only update drivers if there are updates available. As I said The only way to check how effective V7 is, is to go to your device(s) maker and see if they have newer updates.

There are newer updates for some of the devices and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed. But Driver Booster 7 does not find the updated or missing drivers. I've seen claims made in the past about new versions including more drivers, but in my experience it seems to me that new versions are using the exact same database of drivers as the previous versions.

I am not trying to promote DB, and if you have found newer drivers that DB did not find, then that is definitely something Iobit should look at.

However, I cannot understand how you can have a pc with no drivers installed. It would be impossible to boot such a machine. Every pc has some drivers installed as part of the operating system.

you only need new drivers if you add hardware or peripherals to your pc.

I honestly think that you are not quite sure regarding drivers, and this may be influencing your assessment of DB.

• Like 1

I am not trying to promote DB, and if you have found newer drivers that DB did not find, then that is definitely something Iobit should look at.

However, I cannot understand how you can have a pc with no drivers installed. It would be impossible to boot such a machine. Every pc has some drivers installed as part of the operating system.

I honestly think that you are not quite sure regarding drivers, and this may be influencing your assessment of DB.

I never said I had no drivers installed. It was a clean install of Windows 10 and while most of the needed drivers were installed by Windows and Windows Update, no drivers were installed for two devices. Driver Booster did not find drivers for these two devices.

You are not answering my question as to why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has. As I said, it appears that they are using the exact same database. If you won't answer the question, I can easily check for my myself and post the results here.

Firstly...yes you did say you had not drivers installed....you said.."and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed."

Secondly...I can only act on what you tell me. You did not say anything about a clean install of Windows.

Thirdly...I do not work for Iobit. I volunteer on the Forum to try to assist users with issues. So...no I cannot answer the question regarding the database.

I have already suggested that you do the check yourself and thereby verify if Iobits database is incomplete and then Iobit can correct the issue as I have already suggested.

Firstly...yes you did say you had not drivers installed....you said.."and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed."

Secondly...I can only act on what you tell me. You did not say anything about a clean install of Windows.

Thirdly...I do not work for Iobit. I volunteer on the Forum to try to assist users with issues. So...no I cannot answer the question regarding the database.

I have already suggested that you do the check yourself and thereby verify if Iobits database is incomplete and then Iobit can correct the issue as I have already suggested.

I said "some of the devices." Some does not mean all. Please actually read what I said, as I did mention clean installs of Windows 10.

My issue is that v7 appears to have the exact same database of drivers as v6. If this is the case, the claim of 1,000,000 extra drivers is a lie and should be withdrawn.

Is there someone from IObit who can answer my questions?

Hi Scannan,

We must says thanks for all your help in answering the questions about Driver Booster:-).

I never said I had no drivers installed. It was a clean install of Windows 10 and while most of the needed drivers were installed by Windows and Windows Update, no drivers were installed for two devices. Driver Booster did not find drivers for these two devices.

You are not answering my question as to why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has. As I said, it appears that they are using the exact same database. If you won't answer the question, I can easily check for my myself and post the results here.

Hi roger_m,

For your question "why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has", you may know that our driver database of DB 7 is indeed larger than that of DB6, which means DB 7 supports updating more device drivers and game components than DB 6. But it doesn't mean DB7 can definitely detect more driver updates for one specific computer than DB 6 does. The reasons are as below:

1. If the device DB7 newly supports is not installed on your PC, you will not see the corresponding driver update in DB7.

2. We are not driver manufacturers and the drivers we provide come from hardware manufacturers, our updates depend on theirs. Which means if a hardware manufacturer does not release new update, there is no way DB can provide the update for this hardware on your computer.

3. To make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, which takes us longer time to test. That's why sometimes we are slower to display the outdated drivers, and sometimes we won't even show those that may cause serious PC problems.

If you find there is any newer version of your device driver than the version DB provides (the driver date is newer), please provide us with the following information so that we can manually double check this driver for you:

1. What is this driver? (You can send us the screenshot of the scan result of other driver update tools or related information in your Device Manager)
  2. What is the driver date and driver version of the missing driver
  3. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe,, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
I have installed this on 3 machines in my network and I a very impressed with it. I am sure that it won't be in beta too much longer.

Great job on this one. 8:)8:)8:)

Hi Pendaws,

Thanks for your wonderful support. Your feedback is really inspiring. :-)

One concern I'm sure that will pop up, being I'm nearing the 'renewal' time for my key on Driver Booster... With the release of DB 7 coming out, will those with DB6 roll into DB7 or will those with 6 be expected to 'get a new key' for 7? If it is a free upgrade, some soothing of anxieties would be good because there are going to be many who are going to be standoffish on purchasing / renewing due to the 'beta' announcements (imminent release coming) thinking they are soon to have a 'dead key' and stuck with an old product.

Additionally, if the key ISN'T going to roll into a free upgrade, then there should be some 'grace' period for those who purchase within say 45 days prior to release to get a 'free' key to DB 7 so they don't feel cheated.

Grey

One concern I'm sure that will pop up, being I'm nearing the 'renewal' time for my key on Driver Booster... With the release of DB 7 coming out, will those with DB6 roll into DB7 or will those with 6 be expected to 'get a new key' for 7? If it is a free upgrade, some soothing of anxieties would be good because there are going to be many who are going to be standoffish on purchasing / renewing due to the 'beta' announcements (imminent release coming) thinking they are soon to have a 'dead key' and stuck with an old product.

Additionally, if the key ISN'T going to roll into a free upgrade, then there should be some 'grace' period for those who purchase within say 45 days prior to release to get a 'free' key to DB 7 so they don't feel cheated.

Grey

Hi Falcongrey,

Scannan is right. The purchased license code during its valid service can be used to register any Driver Booster PRO version.

Hi Falcongrey,

Scannan is right. The purchased license code during its valid service can be used to register any Driver Booster PRO version.

Excellent news to hear, but it may be something to advertise a bit more boldly so others understand this who may not from just looking at the interface. An example would be to add 'Pro users upgrade to 7 Free on release* 'where it says "Try Driver Booster 7 Beta Now!" with the * referencing "For remaining time on current key." or something along that just so those on the edge of the fence hop over. |;-)

Excellent news to hear, but it may be something to advertise a bit more boldly so others understand this who may not from just looking at the interface. An example would be to add 'Pro users upgrade to 7 Free on release* 'where it says "Try Driver Booster 7 Beta Now!" with the * referencing "For remaining time on current key." or something along that just so those on the edge of the fence hop over. |;-)

Thanks for your kind suggestion. Our team will consider it carefully. Contact us with any feedback again.

I've installed it on four computers so far. I find the claim of having a million more drivers that v6 to be highly questionable. On every com as puter I've installed it on, it finds the same number of driver updates as v6 does and they have the same date.

I'm not sure what drivers you're missing, but I've installed DB7 on 4 test machines with various Win10 installations with Win 10 Home, Enterprise and 2 Insider Preview Builds as well and DB7 has found missing drivers for each and every one of the installations as I have deliberately removed drivers on each of the machines from within Device Manager.

Obviously, DB7 will not have every driver in existence as there are literally trillions of drivers on existence. I can say that I am happy with the results shown as usual as I have has no issues thus far. I also happen to love the ease and faster response times of the "Clean Unplugged Device Data".

Keep up the good work Iobit!

I have 5 serial licences, I wish it were possible to get one licence to cover all the machines I have ion my network? Currently I have 10 machines and keep the other l;licences for spares.

This new version of Driver Booster is very good and to date have had NO issue what so ever with it. Keep up the good work. :)