IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster file ScanDisp.exe infected with FileRepMalware?

Greetings...

I have been using Driver Booster software for a number of months along with Avast antivirus software on multiple home computers. Within the past few days, my Avast antivirus software has reported the following on each of my home computers:

===============

Threat blocked - We've blocked ScanDisp.exe because it was infected with FileRepMalware [PUP]

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\DriverBooster\6.6.0\ScanDisp.exe

===============

I recently updated my Driver Booster software to version 6.6.0.489 - it is possible that the above "threat blocked" issue started shortly after the installaton of this new software version.

What I would like to know is:

#1 - Is this Driver Booster file - ScanDisp.exe - infected with FileRepMalware or is this a false report by my Avast antivirus software?

#2 - Has anyone else encountered this same issue?

Please advise. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

The error that you have regarding ScanDisp.exe certainly seems to be a threat. Avast is a trusted software that recognizes even a minute threat accurately.

It is not advisable to use IOBit products alongside other products.

Use the Malware Fighter to see if Scandisp.exe is really a threat issue.