IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not a pretty picture

did you close down programs running in the background before the defrag as anything running will not be defragged.

So, first off, you agree that it doesn't look right. Well, after the second run I took that picture. I just ran it again for the third time with "everything" off, even the anti-virus, and it finished in about 30 seconds. And it still looks the same

Hi Hardly Do

Did you run an ordinary defrag&optimize beforehand?

Or a defrag only?

What did Analyze recommend?

Cheers

solbjerg

So, first off, you agree that it doesn't look right. Well, after the second run I took that picture. I just ran it again for the third time with "everything" off, even the anti-virus, and it finished in about 30 seconds. And it still looks the same

Hi Hardly Do

Did you run an ordinary defrag&optimize beforehand?

Or a defrag only?

What did Analyze recommend?

Cheers

solbjerg

On a daily basis, I always use the Cleaner program and that does a defragment only I think.

Every time I use the Defragment program, I always use the defragment and Optimize only. No matter what the recommendation is.

Ok Hardly Do

It's just that your screenshot showed Deep Optimize, so I wondered if you had used that at a moment when the disk was very fragmented.

Have you set the Defragmenting in ASC to run every time or at some percentage of fragmentation?

And you are right - it defragments only.

I tried with the SD 312 and Deep Optimize option - it took around 6 minutes and looked fine with the most used neatly on top and the master file table neatly together in the middel of the (window)

My Operating System (OS) is XP sp3

Cheers

solbjerg

On a daily basis, I always use the Cleaner program and that does a defragment only I think.

Every time I use the Defragment program, I always use the defragment and Optimize only. No matter what the recommendation is.

just to eliminate Smartdefrag, use windows own defrag then go back and try Smartdefrag.

its a shot it the dark but worth trying.

good idea Sunny!

So I started with Defraggler... and stopped it to show that it really is messed-up from SD. Never saw this before.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2259/clipboard01oy1.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/clipboard01oy1.jpg/1/w726.png

@ solbjerg

I have it set to run everytime and I have the same OS as you

Thanks all

Now, I will finish with this defreggler, but if you guys can find the problem, it may help others in the future. I will post back if/when it's fixed

Hardly Do

different defrag programs optimise differently thats why they show different results.

i would have tried a simple windows defrag to see if that sorted the problem then gone back to SD and check the results.

next step as mentioned is the state of your hard drive a CHKDSK scan check logon in event viewer in xp for results also run a S.M.A.R.T. test on the hard drive these to scans will check clusters and the health of the drive just in case the drive is on its way out.

Archived