IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cursor freeze issue a symptom of a problematic driver?

rocks911

I have been using Driver Booster for over a year now with great results. When I built my PC last year I didnt want the hassle of doing driver updates manually so I purchased Driver Booster. I just renewed the other day for another year. Unfortunately I have a very annoying bug that has developed and every source of expertise is telling me its a buggy driver.

This happened at about the same time that Windows updated to v1909. Several drivers were updated at the same time as the major Windows 10 update and now I have a PC that freezes. It happens when left idle for some time, I dont know exactly, I do some work and take a break and come back 20 minutes later and move the mouse but the cursor freezes for 6-8 seconds. Or it also happens that the cursor is acting as it should but when I start up again after a break and click on my browser icon nothing happens, again for 6-8 seconds and then it opens.

Maddening.

It has been suggested at various forums that the probable culprit is a graphics card driver, video driver, or display driver... Any thoughts on how to get this bug gone?

I have been using Driver Booster for over a year now with great results. When I built my PC last year I didnt want the hassle of doing driver updates manually so I purchased Driver Booster. I just renewed the other day for another year. Unfortunately I have a very annoying bug that has developed and every source of expertise is telling me its a buggy driver.

This happened at about the same time that Windows updated to v1909. Several drivers were updated at the same time as the major Windows 10 update and now I have a PC that freezes. It happens when left idle for some time, I dont know exactly, I do some work and take a break and come back 20 minutes later and move the mouse but the cursor freezes for 6-8 seconds. Or it also happens that the cursor is acting as it should but when I start up again after a break and click on my browser icon nothing happens, again for 6-8 seconds and then it opens.

Maddening.

It has been suggested at various forums that the probable culprit is a graphics card driver, video driver, or display driver... Any thoughts on how to get this bug gone?

Hi Rocks911,

Welcome to join us at the Forum.

The probelm could caused by or related to the video driver, but it needs to look into this issue first to know the actual situation. So, you may download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. Or send it via the program built-in Feedback feature.We will analyze the file and try our best to help.

So, I sent an email with the zip file attached. Any findings?

Yesterday I lost my desktop, it just disappeared. Had to reboot.

Id be grateful to hear of a fix

Hi rocks911,

Your zip file is well received. We already forwarded it to our technicians to look into. We will keep you updated via email.