IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MFT & MFT Zone, Directories

Hi Everybody,

Now I have 2 questions.

1)

Reserved Zone is for MFT enlargement, for MFT not to get fragmented in the future, so they shoud be adjacent.

Why Deep Optimize in SD 1.1.0.2 places some files in between MFT and Zone Reserved for MFT in Vista, when they are already adjacent?

2)

Unlike in FAT (File Allocation Table) and FAT32, in NTFS (NewTechnology File System), Directories should be close to MFT.

Why SD 1.1.0.2 puts Directories in the beginning of the drive away ftom MFT, in an NTFS system with Vista when they are already adjacent to MFT?

I would really like to have answers from an expert!!!

That's not a quiz, I don't know the answers.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hi sunny staines,

Yes, you know, I have written that in Think About Defragmentation!!! thread, that's why I am asking those questions.

I have great doubts that SD doing anything like that. On the contrary, it fragments MFT and MFT Zone and puts the Directories in the beginning of the drive.

Cheers.

Archived