IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need these Game Components when I don't have any Games?

JFromSD

Do I need any of these drivers / components when I don't play any games? I do use a 3d CAD modeling program called Sketchup.

Hi JFromSD,

Welcome to join us at this forum.

We recommend you install the components even you don’t play games. Because the components do not only apply to games, but also for programs that are using or developed with the components. Take Adobe Flash Player as an example, besides many small games using flash technology, there are also many video players using the flash technology. For those video players, it is required to install or update flash player to play them normally. One more example, programs and games developed with using Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution need to install/update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution for proper working.

But if you do not need game components, please go to Settings to uncheck the box before the option" Scan updates for Game Components".

• 2 weeks later...
You need not install the components listed as they don’t help in the proper functioning of the programs that you use like SketchUp.

Even if you don’t play any games or do play them, you need not compulsorily install these programs

Hi TerranceM,

It's up to your choice. If you don't want to install game components, you can uncheck the box before the option" Scan updates for Game Components" in Settings of Driver Booster.