IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Junk Files

Harters

Hi,

I have used the paid version of ASC since about version 6 however currently I only have the free version.

I have never had any issue before now and i know I should have checked before pressing the button.

My issue is i accepted the junk file removal after a scan and its deleted a folder I created with a number of text files from the root of C.

I tried the undelete feature but no luck. Are these gone forever? I really need these back and dont understand why they were deleted or why I dont see the folder or files in the undelete.

I am desperate to recover these and so any help or advice is very welcome indeed.

Thanks in advance and STAY SAFE !

Unfortunately it did not find my deleted text files. Is there a log of the junk file deletion activity i can see? i really need these files back as they are txt files holding program coding which will take weeks to rewrite. I always used junk file deletion without issue and always keep my text files in a folder on the root of C so i dont understand why this time the junk removal selected these files - is this something new in 13.1 ? Do you have any other suggestions?

If that program did not find them I really think you will be unable to find them any other way.

Every time you use your PC after a file is deleted, you run the risk of the deleted file being overwritten...once that happens nothing can recover it.

You might try running the Cloned File Scanner.....it is unlikely ... but I have found that Windows sometimes has duplicates of files.

I cannot understand why you do not have a backup for such obviously important files.

Also, why do you keep such important files in the Root.

OK, no problem.

And for the record I have to keep them on the root due to minimise / prevent excessive file path lengths (which is important for various reasons) compared to if I keep in my documents or other places. These files are my back up scripts which perform backups for far more important files - I have recovered my situation by recalling copies of the previous version which are not far behind the originals.

What I cannot understand is the Junk File cleaner seems to have no log of its activity. As a software developer I ensure I write my programs in a way that they log all actions for audit purposes.

Thanks anyway and Stay Safe !

Hi there,

We are sure that Advanced SystemCare won't deleted any text files from the root of C. Could you please check it? By the way, you can check whether Undelete in Advanced SystemCare will be helpful to restore the files.