IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster 7 Failing Pc restart?

Shibby Chucko

Okay hope someone can help.

So a few months back when I installed driver booster 7 to update multiple drivers (which ones I can't remember it was alot) I noticed that my PC was no longer able to restart, when I say restart I don't mean turn on I mean when I click either the restart button on my PC or on windows start menu on the shutdown/restart tab. What happens when I do this is the PC comes up saying restarting windows as it should however after this it just goes black and never actually restarts and will sit idle until I manually turn off the PC with power button. I never worried about it before as I could simply press shut down then manually switch on if it needed to restart, however I've now noticed that when I install new programs and the PC asks to restart it does the same as before, aswell as now I need restore my windows 10 from a restore point it needs to restart and wont do without properly restarting.

I was really happy with driver booster and considering upgrading to the premium version until this all went down.

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks.

I will try to help you, but your explanation is very confusing, regarding having to restore your windows from a restore point.

Are you saying that every time you try to install a program that requires a restart, that you have to use a restore point.

To fix your issue, you should use the Driver Rollback feature of Driver Booster to rollback the drivers to the previous driver(the driver before you updated the drivers).

You should do this one driver at a time until you find the driver which is causing the problem. Once you have found the problem driver, you can update all the other drivers if you wish, except

the problem driver.

I also recommend that in future you update drivers one at a time so if you have an issue you will immediately know the cause.

Okay hope someone can help.

So a few months back when I installed driver booster 7 to update multiple drivers (which ones I can't remember it was alot) I noticed that my PC was no longer able to restart, when I say restart I don't mean turn on I mean when I click either the restart button on my PC or on windows start menu on the shutdown/restart tab. What happens when I do this is the PC comes up saying restarting windows as it should however after this it just goes black and never actually restarts and will sit idle until I manually turn off the PC with power button. I never worried about it before as I could simply press shut down then manually switch on if it needed to restart, however I've now noticed that when I install new programs and the PC asks to restart it does the same as before, aswell as now I need restore my windows 10 from a restore point it needs to restart and wont do without properly restarting.

I was really happy with driver booster and considering upgrading to the premium version until this all went down.

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks.

Hi Shibby,

Sorry for the problem.

You may know that to make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, and by default all driver updates we provide are passed WHQL Test. However, it is impossible for our testing team to test every single driver update in every single PC situation because driver updates quantity is colossal and PC situations are various. So problems like that happens.

If you still encounter this problem, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will analyze this file to see if any driver update or Windows Update caused this problem. And then get back to you.

Thanks for your work.