IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Touch screen malfunction after updating drivers in DRIVER BOOSTER,

yosefmark

• 2 years later...
My touch screen also stopped working after a Driver Booster update.  It took a great deal of work to find the cause which, given the longevity of the problem, I would have thought that IOBIT would have resolved it long ago.

It happened a couple of years ago and I gave up on correcting it as I could find no helpful advice.  Yesterday, though, I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the touch screen started to work again.  I then ran Driver Booster to install all the recommended driver updates, and it stopped working again.   So I backed out to the pre-Driver Booster restore point and painstakingly installed each recommended driver update separately until I found the culprit.
The problem: The offending driver identified in Driver Booster as requiring update was 'Human Interface Devices: USB Input Device'.
This updated my USB Touchscreen Controller (CO4D) from 2006-06-21 (10.0.19041.868, Microsoft) to 2017-10-20 (5.14.0.16820, Egalaxtouch).  The touch screen stopped working, so I restored the 2006-06-21 driver through Driver Booster Restore, and all is well.

Notes: I hope I have the 2017-10-20 driver numbers right.  I was scribbling as I went through the problem-solving process and my writing isn't too good.
At one point, the 'HID-compliant Touchscreen' item in Device Manager disappeared.  I brought it back by showing hidden devices in the DM and saw that it had an error saying that it had been disconnected.  This was, of course, resolved, when I backed out of the driver update.

If a Driver Booster technician reads this, I would be interested to know what happened.  Is the 2017 driver the wrong driver for me, and will it be replaced with the right one?  Or, is there something wrong with the 2017 driver and will it be corrected?  Or, are the drivers expected to be a bit hit and miss, with customers having to stand on their heads to figure out what went wrong?
Some of the other HID drivers (touch pad, for example) are also the same as the Touchscreen.  Was the Egalaxtouch driver intended to update them too?

I must say that I've used Driver Booster for some years now and I've been very happy with it.  This is the only problem I've had so far, but I wonder why IOBIT appears to be unaware of it.

Hi there,

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.