IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cleaned with Advanced System Care Pro and camera has stopped working.

ddfdesign

Hi ddfdesign,

Very sorry for the issue you encountered. Please provide us with the following information so that we can further look into it.

1. Please take a screenshot about the error message and send the screenshot to us. Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

2. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop-up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click the "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us.

Thanks for your effort and help on this issue.

I have the same issue. Please keep in the loop when you find a solution. I have spent hours updating drivers and uninstalling drivers and reinstalling drivers. Nothing has worked and in researching I find many references to third party anti virus software. Unfortunately ASC Protect will not allow me to turn off the antivirus portion of ASC. I tried deleting ASC and it didn't help. I'm running Windows and all updates have been installed and I have ASC 14 Pro. 8.5.5

Hi ddfdesign,

Please follow the steps below further check the issue.

1. Is your camera a built-in camera or external camera? If it is an external camera, please make sure it is plugged in correctly.

2. Check whether the device driver for camera is installed correctly or not. If it is not installed correctly, there will be yellow or other warning marks. You can refer to the attached picture 2.

3. Go to your computer Settings to check whether your camera is identified by your computer or not. You can refer to the following picture 3.

4. Go to Toolbox of ASC, click FaceID to check whether your camera can be recognized by FaceID or not. You can refer to the attached picture 4.

5. Check whether your security software block your camera or not. You can turn off your security software temporarily to try again.

6. Try the solutions in the following links to fix the issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-not-working-error-code/1c9b31d8-3175-4331-83b6-43f53d9b5e64

If it fixes the issue, please create a system restore point. Then try ASC again to help us check which feature causes the issue.

Thank you.

One more thought. I ran Driver Booster 8 and it found that my camera drivers needed to be updated, but update failed on Microsoft Camera Front, Microsoft Camera Rear, and Microsoft IR Camera Front. All are listed as code 10 errors "This Device Cannot Start" by your driver booster 8 program. 8.5.5

Hi,

Please take some screenshots about the error message and send them to us. Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

And please download the tool from https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe. Double click to run this tool and click 'Save report'. So you will get zipped file db_info_YYYYMMDD.zip on your desktop.

Send us the zip file for further checking.

Thank you.

Hi, I give up - I have tried everything. I restored my computer hoping that would resolve it. I have now got everything set up once agian but still no camera reconized. If I try to install new drivers it tells me they are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. Nothing works. I tried following your instructions above but ended up so confused - I'm just not technical enough!! I could not find

So it seems I will live without my builtin camera and use an old computer if I need to Zoom etc. Annoying, as I love Face ID. Will have to wait until I get a new computer!!

Below are some screen captures - not sure if they help or not - but thank yoiu for trying to help!

barrytrantham I hope you have more success!!

Hi ddfdesign

You are being very kind in your thanks, considering that Iobit did not help you really. As usual they had you do all their investigation for them and then gave

very little in the way of help. Sadly, we in the forum have no influence on Iobit, regarding their failure(s) to assist users.

I would suggest that you would have better luck either on a Surface Book forum, or simply googling....Surface Book Camera not working or Surface Book- Intel ® AVStream Camera 2500 not working.I say this because there were a lot of issues with Surface Book machines due to Windows Updates this year.

Also, try opening Device Manager, go to Imaging Devices and uninstall any drivers there. Reboot and allow windows to reinstall it's generic Drivers.

Hi barrytrantham@att.net

Please try the steps below to solve the issue you encountered with Driver Booster 8.

1. Open Device Manager, find the following devices one by one, right-click each of them to choose "Uninstall device", then check the option "Delete the driver software for this device." and click OK to uninstall them.

Microsoft Camera Front

Microsoft Camera Rear

Microsoft IR Camera Front

Surface Radio Monitor

2. Download the official drivers from the official website: https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/4/F/94F7AED2-D3ED-4A60-AB94-A0D078FE6DF6/SurfaceBook2_Win10_18362_20.092.24593.0.msi

Hope it helps you.

Happy New Year!