IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defragged - Lost many programs - Errors

Please help. I install & ran Advanced System Care and all seemed to go well. Rebooted ok. Installed & ran Defrag. Now I can't run OpenOffice or Xplorer2_lite or Thunderbird and goodness knows what else. OpenOffice & Xplorer will not reinstall. I get "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" when trying to run Xplorer. I get "Access Denied" when trying to run OpenOffice. I get nothing when trying to run Thunderbird. There are no instances of any of these programs running in memory.

I'm running Vista 32 with only one account (Administrator) and have User Access Control off.

I have Restored the ASC to original. I have done a Windows Restore to before the Defrag Install but the problem still exists!!

Desperate to get my computer back without a reformat!

Archived